Non Union shop

david wild

29 minutes ago, david wild said:

Cool Cat hanging out at the hanger, Geez I wonder if I needed a union card for instrument check ?? NO     bet our union friend would not like the ride, bet she would get sick, most do.

abbey.jpg

ba.jpg

I know I would get crook as a dog in it

Still suffer terrible motion sickness to this day 

Or maybe I would be hanging on so tight I wouldn't get a chance to be crook lol

You sure see some interesting places 

Paul

Trucking is my parallel career, grew up literally in Air Force planes dad was Air Force pilot and then Capt. for Eastern Airlines, been flying before I could walk. don't like people so trucking was great didn't have to interact with many people, in the Heavy Haul at power plants they keep everybody away which is fine, then putting the both together was really great, we either get to fly some really cool planes or rip em a part and truck them, been a great  ride and looking forward to whats next, guy wants us to move a F4 Phantom and just quoted a DC3 26'3" wide on the road, and already got a DC3 for the Smithsonian to do later this year or early next, H53  helicopter to Yuma  and some Mig 21s to Yuma and hopefully the X15 moves this year, We are supposed to move the Rutan Voyager, it has only been moved by 2 other men, great fraternity, what a great non union job. (dig when i can)     

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, david wild said:

My Ford L9000 in Tema Ghana Africa delivering GE TM 2500 tema.thumb.jpg.61c3f005f5e1ef42c99cae49545b8108.jpgtema2.thumb.jpg.c798fb859d657747fb4bceefa2aaa6f1.jpgfor Volta River project.

Since you’re in the heavy haul business I assume the L9000 is heavy specd?  I had never heard of a heavy specd L9000 so I was curious if they made one or you just made do with one. Thanks

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Bought new by Belger Crane OKC, and Ford made plenty heavy spec L9000, you never saw a L9000 logger, Actually it was really good truck Hendrickson spring, moved some pretty big loads and never let us down, I got pictures of it coming across I 70 in Utah with a 13 axle trailer, coming down that last pass before Greenriver is pretty cool.  that trailer on the Ford normally would have a 3 axle jeep front so figure the weight on the fifth wheel and that's how we ran it around Ghana, no problems.

We had an Anton 225 land at Bangor on July 31 with an issue took off on August 2 for Prestwick,UK . The crew posted a pair of videos. Seemed to have a relatively short takeoff run. Impressive to say the least on the apron next to a few C130's

I can link them if you like

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

11 hours ago, david wild said:

Bought new by Belger Crane OKC, and Ford made plenty heavy spec L9000, you never saw a L9000 logger, Actually it was really good truck Hendrickson spring, moved some pretty big loads and never let us down, I got pictures of it coming across I 70 in Utah with a 13 axle trailer, coming down that last pass before Greenriver is pretty cool.  that trailer on the Ford normally would have a 3 axle jeep front so figure the weight on the fifth wheel and that's how we ran it around Ghana, no problems.

No I have never seen a L9000 logger in my neck of the woods. 98% KWs and Pete’s with the occasional international and very very rare (I’ve only seen one) Mack. See lots of L9000 tandem grain trucks and dump trucks but that’s about it. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.