Need help 11.00 or 12.00 24s

1 hour ago, Eriksf250 said:

The tires on the truck are 11.00x24, the tires I'm trying to trade are 12r24.5s 

I think some people think 24 and 24.5 are the same!  you just don't see many trucks with 24 inch tires.  terry:MackLogo:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, david wild said:

12/24.5 is not a low profile it is a heavy duty tire great for dump truck and or lowboy tractor and will fit on any truck with standard 22" hubs or mounted on budd they could go on anything.

That's what we got it for, this truck is going to be pulling low bed 

20200627_144507.jpg

Edited by Eriksf250
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, david wild said:

I like the truck a lot looks like it came out of NYC ?? How old are the tires ??  I f not  to old I would really interested.

It came out of north Jersey, I like the truck a lot too, and would hate to see them get rid of it, especially after what it will look like if we paint it and throw some new exhaust on it. Those 12.00r24.5 tires aren't that old. All 10 of the 11.00r24 tires on the truck right now are bald and in need of new or decent used tires. Tires and exhaust are the only thing keeping it from passing inspection right now

Edited by Eriksf250

12 minutes ago, Eriksf250 said:

It came out of north Jersey, I like the truck a lot too, and would hate to see them get rid of it, especially after what it will look like if we paint it and throw some new exhaust on it. Those 12.00r24.5 tires aren't that old. All 10 of the 11.00r24 tires on the truck right now are bald and in need of new or decent used tires. Tires and exhaust are the only thing keeping it from passing inspection right now

For your sake, hope they don’t sale it, but if they do please let BMT know first in case anyone here would be interested. Good luck!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1965 said:

For your sake, hope they don’t sale it, but if they do please let BMT know first in case anyone here would be interested. Good luck!

If they end up selling Grandpa (the ol mack) I will definitely let you all know

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hicrop10 said:

If all they are going to use it for is to pull a lowboy that truck will out last any you get to replace it.

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell them. It only has 67k original miles on it and has paperwork almost 4" thick of all the services it has had.

15 hours ago, david wild said:

Well if you check the post from Maxidyne who just insulted my old Mack like it is a disgrace that it's old ?? I think the steel hooded RD was one the best trucks around, pure classic.  

I think it's one of the best trucks around too, that and the Rs 

20200409_161502.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

I love my old R models, but I do realize they would struggle a little with 100k of excavator and trailer behind them.

This combined is 120k with a 237 and a 6 spd embarrasses the hell out of a mp7 and 10spd in the granite I usually pull this trailer with, although it's overweight with the 12k steers and 38k rears lol🤣. Every chance I get to embarrass that granite with ol R I do lol

20200328_082447.jpg

8 hours ago, Eriksf250 said:

This combined is 120k with a 237 and a 6 spd embarrasses the hell out of a mp7 and 10spd in the granite I usually pull this trailer with, although it's overweight with the 12k steers and 38k rears lol🤣. Every chance I get to embarrass that granite with ol R I do lol

20200328_082447.jpg

65mph on the interstate for that little 237 is a problem.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

65mph on the interstate for that little 237 is a problem.

It'll do 65 with that, surprisingly better than the mp7 and 10spd, the only thing would be that 237 would be singing to the top of its lungs at around 1900-2000, while the mp7 would hit 65mph by next Sunday at 1650 and be governed at that speed.

Nothin' wrong with using an old truck for local work, if it breaks down you're close to home. But you have to ask yourself if it's wise to take an old truck on a cross country trip when a major breakdown and accompanying tow bill and repairs could cost more than a truck is worth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eriksf250 said:

It'll do 65 with that, surprisingly better than the mp7 and 10spd, the only thing would be that 237 would be singing to the top of its lungs at around 1900-2000, while the mp7 would hit 65mph by next Sunday at 1650 and be governed at that speed.

An e7 mechanical 350 in an old school heavy spec RD would be the ticket. I still hold out hope to stumble across an F the was spec'd heavy for that job.

• Like 1