Hi

I was hoping someone could help me identify the steering box in this truck

It is a manual box , Mack has no info and camerata truck parts  cant figure out what it is

I was hoping to get a seal kit for it, It is fine except for leak in input shaft

Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

In lieu of pictures or some numbers to identify the box, how bad is it leaking?  Pouring out or just weeping?  Work or hobby truck?

If it is a hobby truck or just weeping, drain what is left of the fluid and then fill the steering box with John Deere corn head grease.  Corn head grease is soft enough (NLGI 0) to use in a steering box but is typically thick enough not to leak out.

https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Special-Purpose-Corn-Head-Gun-Grease-AN102562.html

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Thank you for replies , It is a work truck but maybe a 1000 miles a year

I have it filled with grease but it keeps working out of input shaft

only numbers i can find are 56955762 which seems like a saginaw number

the other number is 2OQCA512

both in casting

I really appreciate your help

thank You

always worried about Ct MVD  seeing it leaking

where in ct are you. stone construction (exit 14  off 84)  last I saw had a manual steering box  sitting on the shelf in a very messed up parts room. George still has the #1 R607T ; doubt  he will use the box. I've worked for stone for 25 + yr : 20 yrs ago. was there last yr helping out. heard  there is a superliner hood in one of the storage trailers and a good bumper also.  interested tell ryan :::  Dave sent you. 

On 4/27/2020 at 6:00 PM, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

DM and U share steering boxes?

No.  They share a cab, hood, engine trans and that's about it.  My DM steering box is held on by about 35 bolts, (exaggerating) and my U model has like 6. My U model has a single 1/4" frame rail, my DM is two 3/8" rails.