Captain Crozier Is a Hero

kscarbel2

There are many (myself included) who think he is a hero that was setup by some butt hurt individuals in a 5-sided building that had this called to their attention by a few hundred mommies of 19-year old Seaman Apprentice ............(insert a few hundred last names here) who all threatened to go to their elected officials if they did nothing about it. There are several conflicting news stories. All say that he leaked this to his local hometown news outlet as well as national news outlets and to Naval sources not within his chain of command. Many people want to crucify him for violation OPSEC by revealing to our enemies that one of our most valuable assets was compromised. 

Bullshit. 

You do not become the Skipper of a nuclear powered bird farm by being an idiot. This guy had a stellar career. I do not believe for one second that he did anything he was accused of other than stomping his feet a little harder (the letter) when someone told him by other communication "Deal with it. Get to port." 

Word travels fast on any Ship. His birdfarm has 5700 +/- on board. How many of the 5700 are Seamen Apprentices who were on their first deployment, away from home the first time.....Scared. Nervous.......Fighting an enemy that they could not see, let alone defend themselves against in the tight living spaces they had......How many let Mommy know what was happening, and how many Mommies called someone who called someone who called someone in a 5-sided building to say "Why is little Johnnies Mommy calling me to say the Navy doesnt give a shit?"

Here is his curriculum vitae:
Crozier grew up in Santa Rosa, California, graduating from Santa Rosa High School in 1988 prior to entering the U.S. Naval Academy.[6] After graduating in 1992, he became a Naval Aviator and was assigned as a SH-60B Seahawk pilot at Barbers Point, Hawaii.[7] He received his Master’s Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies from the Naval War College in 2007, and completed Nuclear Power School in 2014. 

Crozier was designated a naval aviator in 1994. Following completion of flight training, he was assigned to HSL-37 in Barbers Point, Hawaii, as a SH-60B Seahawk pilot. He deployed on board USS Crommelin and USS Fletcher in support of operations in the Pacific Ocean and Operation Southern Watch in the Persian Gulf.

Crozier then reported to Navy Personnel Command in 1999 as an aviation detailer and retention program manager. Following this tour, he completed an aircraft transition to the F/A-18 Hornet and in 2002 reported to VFA-97 in Lemoore, California. While assigned to the "Warhawks" he deployed with USS Nimitz in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) in 2003.

In 2004, Crozier reported to VFA-94 as a department head and deployed with the "Mighty Shrikes" on board Nimitz in 2005 again in support of OIF. Crozier was assigned to VFA-125 in 2006 and served as an instructor and FRS Operations Officer. Following this tour with the "Rough Raiders," he reported in 2007 to the Naval War College and earned a Master's Degree in National Security and Strategic Studies. Crozier served as the executive officer and squadron commanding officer of VFA-94, a F/A-18 Hornet unit. He made multiple deployments in support of U.S. 3rd, 5th, and 7th Fleet operations, numerous exercises and Operations Southern Watch and OIF.

In August 2010, Crozier completed an assignment as the commanding officer of VFA-94 in Lemoore. During this tour, he led his squadron on successful expeditionary deployments with Marine Aircraft Group 12 based out of MCAS Iwakuni, Japan, in support of Pacific operations and the Global War on Terror.

Following command, Crozier reported to Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO in Naples, Italy and served as the Lead Air Planner for Joint Task Force Odyssey Dawn and Combined Joint Task Force Deputy Director of Targeting for NATO's Operation Unified Protector.

In April 2014, Crozier completed the Naval Nuclear Power training program and served as the executive officer of USS Ronald Reagan until July 2016. During this tour Ronald Reagan took part in RIMPAC 2014, two maintenance availabilities, the forward deployment to Yokosuka, Japan to relieve USS George Washington as the only forward deployed aircraft carrier, and several FDNF deployments in the PACOM AOR.[9] In June 2017, Crozier took command of USS Blue Ridge in Yokosuka, Japan, while the ship completed an extensive dry-dock refit and then returned to operations at sea.

No. This is not an idiot. I am absolutely convinced he was set up by someone who either knew they fucked up, or that they knew they were screwed if/when word of this hit the POTUS's desk. 

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Think Uncle Sam is probably nervous about how well China first introduced or at least hosted a new virus, shut up or killed whistle blowing doctors 🤐, let it spread globally and now ,ironically, is controlling Covid like a tame pup. The globe is begging on their knees for their PPE goods. The dollars is sacked and western economy’s tanking. The Hong Kong uprising is officially squelched. China killed off some of the excess population which has been state policy since 1979. Covid keeps getting artificial fang extenders back home and no one can determine how wide spread it already is or if half of all the cases aren’t even getting reported and so can’t calculate the real morbidity stats? Be a great time for China to pull some island building or Japan prodding as they tend to. Be a real bad time for our defenses to drop. China did it in two months from the comfort of a hammock. Think Trump is putting those heavy tariffs on China’s ventilators and PPE? There’s some serious global trust issues right now.

The carrier was looking at 16-20 deaths which may or may not be still avoided right now. Ugly situation. Not to mention everybody is sitting at home preoccupied with Covid and nothing to do, including the Moms. 

Who’s leaking this stuff to the media constantly? Our government has become C.sack full of Chelsea Mannings?

Edited by Mack Technician

The New York Times  /  April 5, 2020

Capt. Brett E. Crozier, the Navy captain who was removed from command of the coronavirus-stricken aircraft carrier U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt, has tested positive for Covid-19.

The commander began exhibiting symptoms before he was removed from the warship on Thursday.

Secretary of Defense Mark T. Esper said Sunday there were 155 confirmed cases of Covid-19 among sailors aboard the aircraft carrier, and that more than half of the ship had been tested.

On Sunday, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. expressed criticism of the Navy’s actions saying, “I think it’s close to criminal the way they’re dealing with this guy. I think he should have a commendation rather than be fired.”

2 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

The New York Times  /  April 5, 2020

Capt. Brett E. Crozier, the Navy captain who was removed from command of the coronavirus-stricken aircraft carrier U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt, has tested positive for Covid-19.

The commander began exhibiting symptoms before he was removed from the warship on Thursday.

Secretary of Defense Mark T. Esper said Sunday there were 155 confirmed cases of Covid-19 among sailors aboard the aircraft carrier, and that more than half of the ship had been tested.

On Sunday, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. expressed criticism of the Navy’s actions saying, “I think it’s close to criminal the way they’re dealing with this guy. I think he should have a commendation rather than be fired.”

Agreed!  This man called a spade a spade ! Its unfortunate , the commanders and chiefs have their blinders on top to bottom in this instance the evidence is was before them and they failed to act ! This disease is like an avalanche picking up speed as it travels down the hill!  

I disagree. This man was in command of a major US warship and yes we are at war, that ship is at sea for that reason. He put his ship and crew in far greater danger than what that virus represented. Real simple, keep your mouth shut. Glad this man was not in command of a US carrier on 12-6-1941.

• Like 2

The Red Chinese are watching this and looking for a weakness anywhere. This fool  telling the whole world that a major strategic asset was less than ready was very stupid. I did not serve in the Navy, but a officer does not reveal any weakness to the enemy. I also think that Crozier is a product of the Obama-Biden PC first Navy. Sorry if anyone does not like hearing the truth.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TS7 said:

The Red Chinese are watching this and looking for a weakness anywhere. This fool  telling the whole world that a major strategic asset was less than ready was very stupid. I did not serve in the Navy, but a officer does not reveal any weakness to the enemy. I also think that Crozier is a product of the Obama-Biden PC first Navy. Sorry if anyone does not like hearing the truth.

Read my reply. The man is no dummy. I am absolutely convinced he was set up.

3 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Read my reply. The man is no dummy. I am absolutely convinced he was set up.

That or is it possible our government is throwing a little “bait” out there to see who does what with our intelligence agencies watching very closely?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Acting US Navy secretary resigns

BBC  /  April 8, 2020

The acting secretary of the US Navy has resigned amid uproar over his handling of a coronavirus outbreak on an aircraft carrier.

Thomas Modly fired the USS Theodore Roosevelt's captain after he pleaded for help in a letter leaked to media.

Mr Modly apologised on Monday after it emerged he had called Captain Brett Crozier's actions "naive" and "stupid".

The secretary's exit comes a day after US President Donald Trump signalled he might get involved in the dispute.

Defence secretary Mark Esper said Mr Modly had "resigned of his own accord".

The Pentagon chief said the crew's health and safety were a priority for the department.

Army Undersecretary James McPherson is expected to replace Mr Modly.

Capt Crozier was fired last week, and footage of his crew sending him off the warship with applause went viral.

Mr Modly flew 8,000 miles on Monday to the Pacific island of Guam, where the USS Theodore Roosevelt is docked, and berated the crew for having cheered the captain as he left the ship.

Mr Modly told the crew what their former captain did "was very, very wrong" and amounted to "a betrayal of trust with me, with his chain of command", according to recordings leaked to US media.

"If he didn't think that information was going to get out into the public... then he was a) too naive or too stupid to be the commanding officer of a ship like this," Mr Modly said. "The alternative is he did it on purpose."

Amid rebukes from members of Congress, Mr Modly issued an apology the same day, saying: "I do not think Captain Brett Crozier is naive nor stupid. I think and always believed him to be the opposite."

Capt Crozier sent a letter to defence officials on 30 March begging for assistance with a coronavirus outbreak on his vessel, which has more than 4,000 crew.

"We are not at war. Sailors do not need to die," he wrote, requesting the quarantine of nearly the entire crew.

The president said he "heard very good things" about Capt Crozier and did not want his career to be ruined "for having a bad day", but added that "the letter should not have been sent to many people unclassified".

The US Navy is investigating Capt Crozier's actions.

The buck has always stopped with the skipper. He has always suffered the repurcussions for anything that goes wrong under his command. His fault, their fault, nobody's fault, he gets the blame. It has always been this way, as it should be. I hope the navy doesn't puss out on this...

any more than they already have..

6 hours ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

The buck has always stopped with the skipper. He has always suffered the repurcussions for anything that goes wrong under his command. His fault, their fault, nobody's fault, he gets the blame. It has always been this way, as it should be. I hope the navy doesn't puss out on this...

any more than they already have..

Read my first reply. The man is no dummy. I am absolutely convinced he was set up.