Coronavirus News Updates

kscarbel2

NO we started  out with a 20' wide and we had our WY permit because if you knew anything you would know that we have to obtain it directly then we have to use a agent to order most of the rest which we have to take them at their word that they are on top of it, now unless we sat in their office in CA. how would we know that they are or not that's their business, if you ever ordered a permit you would know that, that is what they do, they are called a permit co. ??? get it, there are states that will not sell you a permit without going through a agent, and my old Mack has 230,000 orig miles, is there something wrong with that, do I need to own a new Mack that has numerous issues and be broke down in the middle of the road ???? now you are going to condemn old Macks, your on the wrong website if that is what you believe.  I think you you been sniffing to much of your own exhaust.

• Like 2

I ❤️ my union. 

Here’s one for you Teamsterr!!! I get to side with my evil union sister. 

Only difference I now notice being union (compared to Mack Dealership) is that my employer no longer sends me home without pay on slow days after telling me if I apply for unemployment they’ll fire me. The work is the same. Nice not getting screwed over. I like my employer (more) and they like me. 

Maxi, if you want to do existing union workers a favor vote Trump 2020. If the jobs are gone so are we. Obama did the most capital damage of any president & cost our facility $25 million (one year time) in losses via Boiler MACT. 

• Like 1

Financial Times  /  June 28. 2020

The US health secretary warned on Sunday that the window to halt the spread of coronavirus across America was closing after a clutch of southern states reported record increases in cases.

The US has now registered 2.5 million cases and more than 125,000 deaths from the disease — a quarter of the 10 million infections and half a million fatalities around the world, despite the country comprising little more than 4 percent of the global population

“The window is closing,” Mr Azar told Meet the Press on Sunday. He urged individual states to boost community-wide testing and collect blood plasma donated by patients who have recovered from the virus to bolster available treatments.

“We have to act, and people as individuals have to act, responsibly. We need to social distance, we need to wear our face coverings.”

Mr Azar said the surge in cases had nothing to do with states reopening but New York governor Andrew Cuomo blamed the increases on a failure to act earlier.

“I don’t think this is a second surge . . . I think this is a continuation of the first wave and it was a failed effort to stop the first wave in the country,” he told Meet the Press, accusing the Trump administration of being “in denial about the problem”. 

“I'm really appealing to every Texan to wear a mask,” said Dr Deborah Birx, a member of the White House coronavirus task force. She said the alarming increase in rates of hospitalization in intensive care among people aged 20 to 40 in the past fortnight indicated a worrying level of community spread.

The US recorded more than 42,000 new cases nationwide on Sunday and 500 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University. This was a fall from the 45,000 new cases recorded on Friday, which was a new single-day high for the country. On that day, 13 states set record highs for the seven-day average of new cases. On Sunday, Georgia reported 2,225 new cases while Arizona said infections increased by 3,857, both record daily totals for the states.

Tom Frieden, former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told Fox News Sunday that the virus had “the upper hand” and forecast that deaths would lag new cases by about a month. “We’re moving too fast,” he said of states loosening restrictions. He added that numbers were set to get worse in coming weeks, citing a rapid upswing in Arizona, Texas, Florida and South Carolina. He estimated at least 15,000 more people would die in the US during the next month.

Florida state’s health department reported 8,530 new cases on Sunday — shy of a record 9,636 new cases on Saturday — bringing the state’s total to 141,075 and 3,419 deaths.

“Three weeks ago this is probably one of the safest places to be in the country, and I don’t think that is true any more,” said Kami Kim, an infectious diseases doctor at Tampa General Hospital. “It is probably right now safer to be in New York than it is to be here.”

BBC  /  July 7, 2020

Tom Hanks, who recovered from Covid-19 earlier this year, has said he "has no respect" for people who decline to wear a mask in public during the pandemic.

The actor and his wife Rita Wilson tested positive for coronavirus while filming in Australia in March.

Many governments now recommend face coverings, but they are not mandatory in most places.

Hanks said: "I don't get it, I simply do not get it, it is literally the least you can do."

The actor was speaking to the Associated Press about face coverings while promoting his latest film.

"If anybody wants to build up an argument about doing the least they can do, I wouldn't trust them with a driver's licence," he said.

"I mean, when you drive a car, you've got to obey speed limits, you've got to use your turn signals [indicators], you've got to avoid hitting pedestrians. If you can't do those three things, you shouldn't be driving a car.

"If you can't wear a mask and wash your hands and social distance, I've got no respect for you, man. I don't buy your argument."

The refusal of some members of the public to wear masks is a particular issue in the US, which [as a result] leads the world in coronavirus deaths and infections.

Hanks is a two-time Oscar winner, taking home the best actor prize for both Philadelphia and Forrest Gump in the 1990s.

His new film, Greyhound, was originally due to be released in cinemas but will now be screened on Apple TV instead.

In the movie, Hanks plays Commander Ernest Krause, a naval officer embarking on his first mission of World War Two.

Hanks also wrote the screenplay, adapting it from the 1955 CS Forester novel The Good Shepherd.

In his three-star review of the film, Empire's Ian Freer said the film was "a serious, well-intentioned slice of WWII naval history full of compelling detail and good action but lacking the dimensions and dynamics to make you truly feel it".

• Like 1

The experience of one individual, Richard Quest, with Covid19

The cough has come back, without warning and seemingly for no reason; so has the fatigue. True, neither are as debilitating as when I had the actual virus, but they are back.

Like many others, I am now coming to realize that I am living and suffering from the long tail of Covid-19.
I got infected back in mid-April. The onset of symptoms came quickly. I suddenly noticed I was feeling very tired and I had a new cough. I got tested and the morning after I received a phone call from the medical center, I had tested positive for coronavirus.
The virus is like a tornado. When it lands, it swirls through the body, causing chaos, confusion, coughs, wreaking damage to each organ it touches. Some won't survive its visit. For those that do, when it has gone, one surveys the damage to the human landscape and realizes it's much greater than first thought. My symptoms were on the milder side: I never had breathing difficulties, or loss of sense or smell. I was wiped-out tired and I always had "the cough," which has now returned.

The Covid cough is not like your usual cough-it-up deep cough (what doctors politely call a "productive cough.") It is very distinctive. It is a dry, raspy, wheezy, cough. In my case, lots of short, expelling gasps of air, followed by a long, deep, chest-wrenching expiration cough, that has standers by wondering if I am going to keel over.
I have tested negative for the virus and positive for the antibodies, and my doctor says it won't return. But there are days when I feel that it has.
I am also discovering new areas of damage: I have now become incredibly clumsy. I was never the most lissome person, no one ever called me graceful, but my clumsiness is off the chart. If I reach for a glass, or take something out of a cupboard, I will knock it, or drop it on the floor. I have tripped over the curb and gone flying. I fall over furniture. It is as if that part of my brain, which subconsciously adjusts hand and movement to obstacles it sees, isn't working.
At times there's a sense of mild confusion. The micro delay in a thought, the hesitation with a word. Nobody would notice but me.
My digestive system is peculiar, to say the least.
It doesn't matter whether I call them symptoms, traits, or wreckage -- my body doesn't feel quite right.
The doctors try to reassure me, saying, this will wear off, but they can't tell me when. Last week was bad. The cough has been with me for days, I have been tired and needed to take naps. I tripped over the camera tripod then fell over a chair! I am concerned but not panicked, yet. This week already feels much better.
For those who have not had Covid, or witnessed the mess it leaves behind, again, I urge you, do whatever you can to avoid this tornado.
It will roar through the body -- kill some on the way -- injure all in its path -- and then when you think "well, thank God that's gone," look around, the damage is strewn everywhere and will be with you long after the crisis has passed.
Covid is a tornado with a very long tail.

Bloomberg  /  July 7, 2020

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is appealing to everyone in public life to urge people to wear masks to control the spread of COVID-19.

“This is not over. We are seeing a resurgence in a lot of states,” McConnell said at one of three press conferences he held Monday in Kentucky.

“Look, the single most important thing each of us can do to not only help ourselves but protect our friends and neighbors and everyone around us is not complicated — to wear a mask,” McConnell said. “It ain’t confusing. It’s really simple.”

McConnell says everyone in public life should set an example by wearing masks and urging people to wear them.

“We all need to echo that all across the commonwealth and all across the country,” he said.

McConnell blamed soaring case counts on people not taking the virus seriously enough.

1 hour ago, kscarbel2 said:

The experience of one individual, Richard Quest, with Covid19

The cough has come back, without warning and seemingly for no reason; so has the fatigue. True, neither are as debilitating as when I had the actual virus, but they are back.

Like many others, I am now coming to realize that I am living and suffering from the long tail of Covid-19.
I got infected back in mid-April. The onset of symptoms came quickly. I suddenly noticed I was feeling very tired and I had a new cough. I got tested and the morning after I received a phone call from the medical center, I had tested positive for coronavirus.
The virus is like a tornado. When it lands, it swirls through the body, causing chaos, confusion, coughs, wreaking damage to each organ it touches. Some won't survive its visit. For those that do, when it has gone, one surveys the damage to the human landscape and realizes it's much greater than first thought. My symptoms were on the milder side: I never had breathing difficulties, or loss of sense or smell. I was wiped-out tired and I always had "the cough," which has now returned.

The Covid cough is not like your usual cough-it-up deep cough (what doctors politely call a "productive cough.") It is very distinctive. It is a dry, raspy, wheezy, cough. In my case, lots of short, expelling gasps of air, followed by a long, deep, chest-wrenching expiration cough, that has standers by wondering if I am going to keel over.
I have tested negative for the virus and positive for the antibodies, and my doctor says it won't return. But there are days when I feel that it has.
I am also discovering new areas of damage: I have now become incredibly clumsy. I was never the most lissome person, no one ever called me graceful, but my clumsiness is off the chart. If I reach for a glass, or take something out of a cupboard, I will knock it, or drop it on the floor. I have tripped over the curb and gone flying. I fall over furniture. It is as if that part of my brain, which subconsciously adjusts hand and movement to obstacles it sees, isn't working.
At times there's a sense of mild confusion. The micro delay in a thought, the hesitation with a word. Nobody would notice but me.
My digestive system is peculiar, to say the least.
It doesn't matter whether I call them symptoms, traits, or wreckage -- my body doesn't feel quite right.
The doctors try to reassure me, saying, this will wear off, but they can't tell me when. Last week was bad. The cough has been with me for days, I have been tired and needed to take naps. I tripped over the camera tripod then fell over a chair! I am concerned but not panicked, yet. This week already feels much better.
For those who have not had Covid, or witnessed the mess it leaves behind, again, I urge you, do whatever you can to avoid this tornado.
It will roar through the body -- kill some on the way -- injure all in its path -- and then when you think "well, thank God that's gone," look around, the damage is strewn everywhere and will be with you long after the crisis has passed.
Covid is a tornado with a very long tail.

In war, the surviving wounded much more sap a nation's resources than the dead- While the dead can quickly be buried, the wounded will need to be cared for, sometimes for decades. The loss of the wounded's labors can be just as tragic as the loss of the dead's labors, and the wounded usually far outnumber the dead. We've only got six months experience with COVID-19, but from what we've seen so far the long term disability caused by the virus is a long term threat to our health care system's capacity and the health of our economy.

BBC  /  June 8, 2020

The US reported a record of more than 60,000 daily confirmed cases of coronavirus on Tuesday, according to Johns Hopkins University.

The previous highest tally was 55,220, which the US recorded on 2 July.

The latest figures come as the states of California and Texas each reported more than 10,000 new daily cases.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, infectious disease expert and adviser to the White House on coronavirus, said the US was "knee-deep" in its first coronavirus wave.

The US has had, by far, the highest number of confirmed cases and deaths of any country.

More than three million infections have been recorded across the US since the beginning of the pandemic.

Covid-19 has been linked to over 131,000 deaths in the US.

These figures are quite staggering to me and hard to imagine 

Thats like every man woman and child in some of our bigger provincial cities gone

Absolutely staggering, we think we have problems in Australia, I'm just glad I live here 

Paul 

• Like 1

“Overall, [our] mask requirement has been well received. There have been some who have chosen not to shop here. But overall, the majority of the people have been supportive of it. We believe it’s to help slow the spread of the virus. If we’re right, we’re right. If we’re not right, it’s a relatively small inconvenience. We’re not trying to challenge anybody’s constitutional rights. All of these things were not done to help our business. We were trying to be responsible. We know there are differing viewpoints, but certainly our employees appreciate it. We have over 2 million people come into Costco every day. If someone comes in without a mask, we just ask them to leave.”

Richard Galanti, chief financial officer for Costco

(Costco has 547 stores across the US and 250 international locations)

On 7/7/2020 at 1:24 PM, Maxidyne said:

In war, the surviving wounded much more sap a nation's resources than the dead- While the dead can quickly be buried, the wounded will need to be cared for, sometimes for decades. The loss of the wounded's labors can be just as tragic as the loss of the dead's labors, and the wounded usually far outnumber the dead. We've only got six months experience with COVID-19, but from what we've seen so far the long term disability caused by the virus is a long term threat to our health care system's capacity and the health of our economy.

Well I sure as heck hope they take better care of the COVID survivors that idiots like me who got wounded get. If they get the same care they are screwed big time..

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The US has 4 percent of the global population.........and 25 percent of infections.........from a virus that began on the other side of the world.

A record 62,751 new infections were reported across the US on Wednesday, including 9,979 in Texas and 11,694 in California.

2 hours ago, TS7 said:

Life is hard and then you die. Get over it.  

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but here I go again. Covid 2020- If it seems like no one around you is sick and dying...(pause for reflection)…. it's because no one around you is sick and dying.

The deaths occurring here are paced to the normal ebb and flow of people coming into this world and old folks going out.

• Like 1

You're not seeing many cases because you live in a remote rural area. That is exactly what the models predicted back in march- Big cities would see peak cases first, and some rural areas wouldn't see many cases until mid summer. Rural county of 25,000 that I live in saw a big increase in cases last month, just as predicted. Smaller and even more isolated rural county southwest of mine had gone from 15 cases to over 60 in less than two weeks. Even smaller and more remote county to the west has cases taking off now, one of the workers in the country club restaurant where they weren't wearing masks just tested positive and they're having to shut the town down again. Dummies think that because the virus didn't hit their town yet that it's a false alarm, so they let their guard down and when the virus comes, they get hit hard!

We have it. 3 pulled from my work this week for quarantine. Mandatory 6 feet or mask and we had to sign a Covid disclaimer Monday. Business as usual. No ones sick, no ones dying. Sniffle, cough, back to work. You continue to call me dummy, I’m going to call you hag, we mutually agree to those temporary monickers for this thread?