Found this old R setting in a field last summer/fall and the owner just now got around to calling me about it.  Think it’s a R600, it has a V8 motor and the 2 stick tranny maybe late 60s early 70s. It has been 15-20 years since it ran last and it has a Lime spreader for a bed on it. I  really don’t need it but would like to have it (lol) so the owner wants me to make an offer. What is it and what y’all think?

A5B57450-FE9E-44BE-9DF8-99D3BAF85639.png

25107A1F-3283-48E6-B9BA-9504794F9CA3.png

• Like 2

The truck was running as it should when parked 20 years ago, the father had stopped farming and recently passed, living to almost 90. His sons now own the truck an are ready to let it go and that’s who I’ve been talking with about it. Will the rear differentials and suspension interchange with a 1985 r686 without a lot of modifications?   Thanks 

Looks like 864 to me and more powerful but I might be wrong. The engine could be easily stuck from sitting outside for 20 years.

I also think 3 scrap costs to start from. If asking more they should have at least starting the engine and make the truck moving over the yard.

The rare model together with rare old V8 engine seems as an interesting resto object as long as you're wanting a toy. And ready to invest in fixing it. If any practical use a straight six engine seems much easier to deal with. And bringing V8 back to life might cost sufficiently more than just finding a different (and running) R-model of similar type but more commonly specified.

The rear part of R-model chassis was mostly identical during the years of production (same distance between frame rails) so the most any bogie could be swapped by a matter of redrilling mounting holes only.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

If they got a battery to it and got it to crank over a few times, even if it didn’t start I think that’d raise the price a bit... usually if it turns over you haven’t broken anything too bad... scrap price sounds really good for the moment, but I’d star negotiations a little lower, maybe $2000-$2500

• Like 1

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

Only thing that would scare me is that damn lime box,if it was a spreader very long the frame,rears,brake components,etc.are gonna have major corrosion. I'd still buy it,but I'd offer 1200 or so,maybe less, I don't know where you are but scrap is in the toilet here. My scrap buyer is paying 50/ton,but is advising everyone to hold off .

• Like 2

I told the guy a price on an old Mack and he was 3 seconds away from buying it thinking it was going to make him a fortune, pretty quickly I told him nobody who knows what they’re talking about would pay nearly that much for the thing... he realized quickly that old trucks aren’t worth all that much...

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

Are used to subscribe to wheels of time oh while back I gave up the Set subscription decided I never had time to read them but I remember seeing some of the stuff  back for sale Section and some of these fools think they got gold there are you kidding me this clown isn’t going to get anywhere near that ha ha Ha ... bob