1956 Tank Trailer

h67st

I wonder if it had a leaf spring pack in front and behind each axle? If not you would think it callus to haul near as much with only one spring pack instead of two. I wonder if it’s an old military trailer by the looks of those D rings in the back?  

Edited by HeavyGunner

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I can't zoom in enough, but it almost looks like a buggy spring set up on the front axle?  (mounted sideways).  Could be a swivel plate on the back but doesn't seem plausible for any reason to be there.  Just looks like a mount for the tank.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Interesting. Good pictures via the link. It's like a sideways camelback holding a walking beam.  I've seen passenger trains with the sideways leaf springs. Looks like a complicated attempt at trying to be innovative. Or skirting around Mack's camelback patents.

We had one either very similar or just like it in air force blue on the flight line at NAS Norfolk in 1988. It was used for deicer fluid and pulled by a Dodge 900. Deicing tugs were filled from it.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Was watching the old movie "Strategic Air Command" the other day and it looked like they were driving tankers like this into Stratoliners, I think they are called

Big cargo planes took the whole semi and then used I gathered for in flight refueling of the then new B47 bombers

Great old movie from a different time when people put their country first 

I hadn't seen it for 30 or 40 years and still as good if not better than I remember 

Sorry got a tad off topic

Paul

• Like 2