New England vacation

h67st

My wife and I have never been to Connecticut or Rhode Island; we spent a vacation in New Hampshire and Vermont a few years ago and loved it. We are planning to visit these 4 states in summer or fall so if you know of some interesting spots we should see please tell me! Thank you in advance.

USS Nautilus  at the Submarine Force Museum  at 1 Crystal Lake Rd, Groton, CT

New England Auto Museum   304 Main Avenue #326, Norwalk, CT 06851

The Golden Age of Trucking Museum closed down and The Haul of Fame  my still be some what there, not sure.

Newport Car Museum in 1847 West Main Road    Portsmouth, Rhode Island 02871 about 75 or 80 cars

Audrain Automotive Museum   222 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840  over 200 cars from teens to modern.

In Maine is the Coles Transportation Museum and Owlhead Museum and the Bath Naval Shipyard Museum.

1847 West Main Road
Portsmouth, Rhode Island 02871

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Depending on interests, there is the air museum at Bradley Field which is north of Hartford, CT.  The North East Motor Sports Museum is full of local vintage racing equipment at the track in Loudon, NH.  I enjoy visiting the "cottages" of Newport, RI.  Newport is a fun place but it is also the world's largest zoo during peak summer!

https://www.neam.org/index.php

https://www.nemsmuseum.com/

https://www.discovernewport.org/

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

To add to what Paul, 41 Chevy, said the Mystic Seaport near the Groton Sub museum on I-95 is a complete late 1800's whaling village with big sailing ships.

And if you get on up into Maine there is the Erv Bickford Collection in Yarmouth.. Part of it is open 24/7 in the city park and the main display, restoration shop and storage yard is open with a phone call.. Right now I do not know if the late Daryl Gushee's New Glouster ME  collection / facilities are open. A phone call would not hurt..

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky

Not only the Mack Museum but the America on Wheels museum in downtown Allentown. Everything from 1890 horses up thru the modern high dollar sports cars. It has many Mack trucks and cutaway parts. The 1910 Brockway owned by Mack.. One room showing a start to finish restoration..

I think there was some Andretti money involved in getting it started???

• Like 1

Brocky