Some Big Mack Trucks I Saw Today

28 minutes ago, other dog said:

It's a farm, and I think they still do some excavation work, these are just trucks they don't use any more. They had a lot of chip trailers parked in a field too that have been there for years. So i'm thinking they might have used the Cruiseliner and Peterbilt to haul chips, and instead of selling or getting rid of anything when they didn't need it any more they just parked it?..I don't know.

DSCN7241.thumb.JPG.f368ed22d7aa37ff79b602f840d274ed.JPG

Wow thats alot of abandoned rigs. They must all have an interesting story. I googled to see where the company was and it came up that the name sake of the company passed in 2009 but retired form the company in 1991.

Edited by Jamaican Bulldog

44 minutes ago, 609albert said:

Yelp ,farmers just park their old trucks out in the fields when they are done with em

Apparently some do. They had a trucking , construction, and excavating business as well as the farm there. There was probably a half dozen or more bulldozers there. I just thought i'd post the pictures, I didn't interview anybody as to why anything was parked in the field but I guess they can do whatever they want with their stuff.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

23 hours ago, 609albert said:

Yelp ,farmers just park their old trucks out in the fields when they are done with em

Thats how my collection started when I was a tot my gramma saved all her old stuff for me at the farm  .  .  . cars, trucks, tractors, appliances, boats, furniture, bottles , cans  everything.

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I knew a guy like that just down the road a half mile from where I grew up. He had a farm, and he was also an auctioneer. The auction company that he worked for did a lot of farm auctions and he bought a lot of cars, trucks, tractors, and equipment for himself. When something broke down or was just worn out he would "park it in the field" and get another one of whatever it was. Field was lined up with stuff, and there was no need to even ask if anything, or even a part, was for sale because that wouldn't happen.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

7 hours ago, other dog said:

I knew a guy like that just down the road a half mile from where I grew up. He had a farm, and he was also an auctioneer. The auction company that he worked for did a lot of farm auctions and he bought a lot of cars, trucks, tractors, and equipment for himself. When something broke down or was just worn out he would "park it in the field" and get another one of whatever it was. Field was lined up with stuff, and there was no need to even ask if anything, or even a part, was for sale because that wouldn't happen.

I thought about selling some the wrecks  collectable vehicles I've got in Haynes Falls N.Y.,  Riverhead .L.I.N.Y., Gorham, Maine and Fork Union Va. but suppose I need a gizmo or a doohickey from one of them? And if I become a Vampire I'll be around long enough to fix um up, so I'd better keep them all..

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE