Where does it end???

66dc75

Some blood, some pain, a possible trip to the chiropractor and the air manifold thing is out. That thing is definitely getting relocated someplace else. the low air switch was on top of this up against the bottom of the dash, that would explain the newer one mounted at the wheel sander control. I didn't know the Autocar factory was staffed by sadists.

Now that I've got everything apart, I'm seeing wiring that I don't like the looks of. Might as well.........

2018-02-22 13.58.14.jpg

2018-02-22 13.58.23.jpg

2018-02-22 13.59.11.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Some blood, some pain, a possible trip to the chiropractor and the air manifold thing is out.

Now that your good at it I've got 3 Acars for you to do..  ;)

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

And here I thought the B model was a horrible dash design?  I kick and scream every time I have to even THINK about pulling the dash panel to get to something.   You can't do it.  It's bad enough the steering column is in the way, but you have to squeeze your hand in there first to get tach cable loose so you can pull the panel out enough to even get to anything.  Make sure the batteries are unhooked, as the key switch is HOT and if you lean it down it will touch the dash and POW!!!

Glad to see you got the air steering working.  I had to rebuild my mounting points as they were all egged out.  Lucky I work at a machine shop!!  Did you put a flip valve to turn the steering off?  Did you add another air tank?  I did both.  Don't usually need to ever turn it off, but the extra tank helps a bunch.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

So after a lot of twisting, cut up hands and general cursing I got all the airlines in the dash, dash lights repaired, some wires replaced and a new marker light switch, got everything back together. I have one more air leak out of the bell shaped valve(?) nippled to the spin on filter (i think water seperator also). I know when I don't know something, does anyone know what that thing is for?

2018-02-28 14.56.12.jpg

26 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

So after a lot of twisting, cut up hands and general cursing I got all the airlines in the dash, dash lights repaired, some wires replaced and a new marker light switch, got everything back together. I have one more air leak out of the bell shaped valve(?) nippled to the spin on filter (i think water seperator also). I know when I don't know something, does anyone know what that thing is for?

2018-02-28 14.56.12.jpg

pressure regulator

1 minute ago, carlotpilot said:

no it should not    i`m not sure that its rebuildable  but i think it is`  its a limiting valve for the trans since a fuller does`nt need 120 psi air to shift

Deep reduction wouldn't kick in today when i took it for a ride, think that would be related?