Grayhair's BIRTHDAY!!

41chevy

Happy birthday, my friend! Enjoy the day.    Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Happy birthday Gray hair! After reading the news (which included 2 sociopaths who stole a 94 year old man's electric scooter while he was in the pharmacy!) For some odd reason I thought of a funny story about an apprentice thief from the days before Hunts Point market was fenced,I've told this one before but I think It bears repeating! I never pulled reefer, but a driver who did told me this one! The standard routine in the "market" was the driver stops at a red light,and the thief jumps on the back of his trailer with a 3 pound hammer and a can of refrigerant he sprays the loop on the padlock to freeze and weaken it and smacks the padlock with the hammer! It will usually break,and the thief and his pal grab a couple boxes of produce to sell on the street

Well this apprentice thief somehow missed the whole point of the deal! There was a tanker going into Hunts point with the reefer driver behind him and the apprentice jumped on the tanker with his hammer and refrigerant! The tanker pulled out before the apprentice could realize his mistake,and he was stuck on the tankers ladder! The reefer driver got the tanker driver on the radio and they called 911 and slowly ran a couple red lights until the police could apprehend the "apprentice" LOL😁 I think 41 used to haul into there and had some interesting stories! I was told that the local police told drivers to run the lights( if there was no cross traffic!) Hunts Point has been fenced for years to prevent thieves from breaking into trailers! I've delivered in the S Bronx, with a flatbed but never pulled reefer.

• Like 1

Interesting story Billy T.  I don't have a trailer for thieves to jump onto, however, unless they really get the drop on me in my car, they may get a .45 ACP welcome, either wad cutters or hollow points depending on which clip I shoved into my Kimber 1911 that morning.

Edited by grayhair
  • Like 1