Trucks that seem to have Dissappeared from the shows.

You know Matt, a buddy of mine and were sitting  around b.s.'n one night and started to wonder the same about  trucks we had seen maybe just one time at a show  and then they  fell right off of the face of  the  earth. Makes you wonder. ?????? Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

There are actually quite a few reasons for this

The most common reason is the owner is no longer able to show it for several reasons, lost interest, health, death, mechanical issues.

One big reason is the vehicle was sold and is no longer in the area.

The vehicle probably is in some private collection locally or someplace else

A lot of the older are not driven much for various reasons. I have found several people that have vehicles but no means to transport it and are unwilling to drive it any distance.

• Like 1

few that come to mind are the Frotton truck I pictured above, a yellow B81 single axle R Zoppo on the door, use to be at alot of Vermont shows, a few from Macungie are EE Wright E models and a few B models, one thyat use to say B-ing Around on the cow catcher..

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Great topic. So many antiques and show rides just disappear. In a couple cases of some working show trucks I have seen them get totalled in wrecks. Had a Superliner near me with a small bunk and E9 that burned in a shop fire. I took this picture of this blue B model at Louisville about 20+ years ago and I haven't seen it since.

003-b-61_mack._i_took_this_picture_in_louisville_in_the_mid_90s..jpg

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 1:09 PM, jackb61sx said:

Are all those trucks in Josephs building in Manchester?

On 7/25/2017 at 7:11 PM, BMODELBEN said:

Yes.  And then some!

If thats the building on Gay St off Brown Av l worked out of it in '86-'87. It was a Georgia Pacific lumber distribution center and we ran R models.   .....Hippy 

• 6 months later...