Worthless people!

Hobert62

We had a driver get shot at on Friday morning around 3:30am about 5 miles from getting back home.   He wasn't hurt!       A car was going north on 147 a 2 lane road and he was coming south.  All he remembers is the car had people with there arms out the window like they where playing in the wind.  When they got right beside him he said it cracked like someone hit the truck with a baseball bat.   He thought they threw a beer bottle at him.   When he got back to the bakery this is what he found. 

It hit the striker in the door jamb.  When he opened the door the bullet fell to the ground.   A bunch of cops where involved and as of right know they are basically just calling it a random act.   Everyone be safe and pay attention to your surroundings.  

image.thumb.jpg.b6aa676247244cdea21e8b6131eb7067.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.efcd77f400d9ab506c367cf0ec86c4d7.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.34c5980e8c45aa965cb262de2e7cbf12.jpgthe bullet stopped when

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

this is one of the reasons all trucks and cars should have dash cams. 

We do have dash cams but they only record when we hook and unhook from trailers or go around a corner to fast. 

8 hours ago, Timmyb said:

Sorta hard to tell by the pics, but if the bullet kept going looks like it could of hit him?

There are some seriously f'ed up people who would do this for fun. 

The bullet probably would have went right behind him if it would have continued at the same angle.  If it would have been 6"-9" further forward it would have hit him in the ribs.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hobert62 said:

We do have dash cams but they only record when we hook and unhook from trailers or go around a corner to fast. 

that pretty much defeats the purpose of having a dash cam. it should be recording the full time the ignition is on. 

• Like 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

They are shock activated.    Once set off it saves 8 seconds before and 4 seconds after.    It takes some kind of jar to set off hard braking, bump in road, quick turn or something along those.      If it would  have been recording it could have got details on the oncoming car.        

5 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

They are shock activated.    Once set off it saves 8 seconds before and 4 seconds after.    It takes some kind of jar to set off hard braking, bump in road, quick turn or something along those.      If it would  have been recording it could have got details on the oncoming car.        

Any possibility of tracing the gun to bullet?

7 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

Dash cams we have at work have a "panic" button the driver can manually save an event. The footage 30 seconds previous is saved, until you manually stop it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Dash cams we have at work have a "panic" button the driver can manually save an event. The footage 30 seconds previous is saved, until you manually stop it.

So do ours.  But I'm 6'2" and with seatbelt on its all I can do to reach  it.  Our volvos are mounted all the way by the passenger side A pillar. Only way to reach them is to unbuckle and walk across cab.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hobert62 said:
So do ours.  But I'm 6'2" and with seatbelt on its all I can do to reach  it.  Our volvos are mounted all the way by the passenger side A pillar. Only way to reach them is to unbuckle and walk across cab.  

That doesn't make any sense?!? Should be within driver's reach.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

I won't put a camera anywhere it might see something I cannot. Jury will have a difficult time understanding how you could miss that car right there in plain view on the monitor in front of them when you're trying to explain the extent of your blind spots.

Lower windshield, near the center of the driver's side glass seems to work...where the only thing the camera blocks is my view of the hood. Anything the camera can see, I can see better.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Ours are mounted on the passenger window at the very top right next to the divider between the windows. Doesn't seem to effect vision much and I can reach it if I want something recorded. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.