Hello Everyone

LFD1935

1 hour ago, j hancock said:

Looks Fantastic!

Was this truck at one time owned by Meadowood Fire Department in NH as their muster truck?

Jim you are a wise man... in short yes. 

Originally purchased by Lunenburg on December 27, 1935 (Yes I have the original bill of sale) it was traded-in in 1961. Then in 1985, some of our members were up at Meadowood for a training and there she sat. In rough shape sitting outside. They negotiated the sale and brought her home. 

Welcome! Beautiful job on the unit!  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 5/8/2017 at 8:41 AM, LFD1935 said:

I have been looking for a community to join for advice and support as I have adopted the challenge of keeping our 1935 Mack Fire Truck on the road. The truck itself is owned by the Lunenburg, MA Firefighters Association and was the first motorized fire apparatus purchased by the town of Lunenburg, MA. I am the treasurer and chief fundraiser for our Fire Association. 

Over the past couple years the old girl has sat stagnate after a blow out of the rear end and no funds to repair her. After some major fundraising we have done the following work and should be bringing her back to life in the next couple weeks. The truck itself is a 1935 and the engine is a 1936. 

-Rear end rebuilt

-Fuel Tank interior restored and relined

-New fuel lines

-Brand new core and seals for the radiator

-Carb completely rebuilt with all new components

Mack 1935.jpg

Lunenburg, MA Former Engine (1935 Mack).jpg

Was this truck showcased on a TV garage show a few weeks back?   The old Mack looks familiar!  Hopefully all goes well with your restoration!  

Ms Tracy D. 

18 hours ago, TDBach said:

Was this truck showcased on a TV garage show a few weeks back?   The old Mack looks familiar!  Hopefully all goes well with your restoration!  

Ms Tracy D. 

Not our truck, but there still are a few others around. 

• Like 1