I'm to dumb to find anything with the search option so this will be a lot  easier.  The only # I can find on the front axle I'm removing is.  "3QHF414BP 8 3QH4"     I'm not 100% sure about the 8.    Is this the right # to determin what it is?   I'm hopefully not ever going to use it again just trying to figure what it is.    Thanks

1 hour ago, Hobert62 said:

I'm to dumb to find anything with the search option so this will be a lot  easier.  The only # I can find on the front axle I'm removing is.  "3QHF414BP 8 3QH4"     I'm not 100% sure about the 8.    Is this the right # to determin what it is?   I'm hopefully not ever going to use it again just trying to figure what it is.    Thanks

The number should be stamped on the spring pad just below the spring   ie FA 538C ,FA 537  The axles are uni fit so it could be on either front or back.

Axle-Assemblies-Front-Mack-DM685S-7867017-thumb.jpg.b12e915f2af2f44ee37d02c1667b12e3.jpg

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I believe  the  # you  found  there is the official  part number  of  the  axle beam itself. I  ordered new torque  rods for the '88 and to my surprise,it was a straight 7 digit part number now. I  haven't  ordered OEM MACK  parts for  a while and learned Volvo  did away  with  the  old  part numbering  system. Figures!  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Still not the axle # just the plain ole part number.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

some have as man a 3 or 4 from casting code to the 5 or 6 digit axle number. The axle number should be on the web area.

Edited by 41chevy

P.T.CHESHIRE

Guess there is not a standard place for the axle number? The one in the first photo is under the spring pad on the right side.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Have you written to the Museum to get the history of your truck? If so, they should have supplied a build ticket with all of the part numbers and options listed that were used.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

image.thumb.jpg.369fd0e70fbd417615d29659bac43c79.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.065a9bce55f40ad40936bf3328a98781.jpgFound it along with some more casting numbers.    Truck is a 1963 B67.   It's at the same spot as j hancock's photo.  It looks like a 517 to me.   What's that mean?     I've been wanting to to write the museum but like many other things never got around to it yet.  

Thanks for all the info.  

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone want or need it?     After putting a bunch of local miles on the new one I'm happy with how everything works.    Everything seamed tight and truck drove good with it.    Front spokes are for 22.5"    I'm about 2 hours north west of macungie.  Make an offer I'm open to trading.   Thermodyne emblems, wet line,  and ???    I'd like it to be saved.  image.thumb.jpg.85077734c116713d66ed1d90bc166840.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.0bf4536ca987810ac81bb5876d6ec0a2.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.d83ac43261b229d03e91baa6be090265.jpg