Chevy

Hobert62

Probably from Mexico, allowed under NAFTA

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I never did anything with doubles, but is there any tongue weight on a dolly when a trailer is hooked to it?     The weight wouldn't be to bad to pull if you could get traction. But stopping and a cross wind would be a different story.  

3 minutes ago, mowerman said:

i dont think i would try that.lol.bob

We have a bunch of 48' trls set up for the NY thruway as doubles.  We are trying to find some dollies so I can try it with 2.   I'm thinking it would make a great video.   Lol

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

I see them all the time in truck trader....bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I don't want to buy.  Just borrow them.   I want to show all the tough diesel pickup guys around what my 496 gas job single wheel pickup will do.      Last summer they all stopped and stared when I pulled into our tractor show with 3 tractors loaded.   

• Like 1

I'll bet  whoever put that pickup under the dry van backed off the brakes with a wrench! wouldn't want to take it down Donner! A guy I used to know had a 3500 Dodge, early 5.9 had a set of professionally fabricated 28 ft doubles (flatbed) hydro/vac brakes I think pulled oversize plastic tanks! You'd have to see it, looked like a miniature set of pups!

I'll bet  whoever put that pickup under the dry van backed off the brakes with a wrench! wouldn't want to take it down Donner! A guy I used to know had a 3500 Dodge, early 5.9 had a set of professionally fabricated 28 ft doubles (flatbed) hydro/vac brakes I think pulled oversize plastic tanks! You'd have to see it, looked like a miniature set of pups! 41, it'd take ten minutes for the air to get to the last pup on that "Buster Brown" rig! Be fun to take it out on the highway and pull in a scale (Banning) as long as you had bail money😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Had my transmission checked in the F350 Friday. They found metal shavings but said keep an eye on it. I'm not so sure that any pickup was made to handle what many people expect from them. 

That's one thing nice about my Allison.   It has a spin on external filter.  

• Like 1