What?

j hancock

On March 12, 2017 at 9:57 AM, mowerman said:

That's really wierd.. ..Right where the intake is .... Usually nice looking ride my uncle hadda fleet of them in the 60.s nice memories I used to get to ride in them.......bob

Bob, I bet you had a ball. 

• Like 1

I 'm at the g/ f house. I bought a Super M Farmall a couple of weeks ago and staying up late working on it. I have the carb in a cleaning solution getting it clean so I can do a rebuild kit. The fuel was stale, so last night I bought some ethanol free fuel, also cleaned the tank. 

• Like 2

now thats just hilarious......you know that old file cabinet,,,,has been sitting outside in the rain and snow for 10 years and it is still watertite... i just use it as a table ----bench for working on stuff........its still dry as a bone inside...amazing...lol.bob

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mowerman said:

im fixing on putting that motor on a 50,s craftsman reel mower i bought recently...bob

Yea, back in the day, I've ran a couple of those that had a Lawson, Briggs and Craftsman, even the Mike Motor Mowers. I still wouldn't mind having one but it would take two days to mow my yard with one.

• Like 1

On March 13, 2017 at 4:01 AM, mowerman said:

Ya I've got 4 of them ......Most of them do a good job but cut the lawn too short....bob

I heard that Bob. I mow with the unit at it's maximum height and still question the height. Got to pull it out to replace a fairly new belt that I bought cheaper than the manufacturer calls for. 

Grew up using a reel mower with a very similar Briggs on it.  The rope was tied on the handle after you started it.  I kept that mower around til mid 90's?  I donated it to a fellow at work who tinkered with mowers/tractors.  I never remember seeing a name on it, but it was red?  with black motor.

I tried mowing with it a few times, but it was very narrow and it needed a good sharpening.  My new house is 1/2 acre and it would takes days with that little mower.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

On 3/11/2017 at 11:39 PM, mowerman said:

yes of course....i worked for the city department at age 16....and i used to do that with the city rigs even at that age 1972    we hadda lotta REO,s dump trucks....used to sit and them and dream...:thumb:...bob

NOW JUST LOOK AT WHAT ALL THAT DREAMIN GOT YA INTO:D

• Like 1

Know what you mean thier made for smaller short lawns but they do a nice job cutting when thier working properly I love messing with them myself but I usually don't use them I've got one that I can actually raise high enough...With a grass catcher does a good job my lawn is around 40x20 pretty good size but not huge...bob