underhood coating

Im getting close to painting the hood for my Superliner and was wondering what would be good to spray on underside to keep from getting the star cracks in the paint from stones hitting it. Also maybe help deaden some engine noise. I still have some lizard skin left but i didn't know if it would hold up in the fenders.

Lizard Skin works great in the bed and stands up to loading and off loading, probably will get less abuse under the nose and fenders.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I was thinking that the same matter along my R-model hood.

Resolved to use car underbody protection coat in spray.

Had one more ultimate idea of applying body seam sealer fatt layer by brush and than put a piece of thin stainless steel net. Something like 2x2 or 3x3 mm cell. Or make two pieces of SS sheet and put them into the fender inside ups glued with a thick layer of construction foam.

Haven't done anything so far excepting a couple of extra layers of glass mat with epoxy resin. The same as I used for the other cracks.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

We put lizard skin first the sound proof lizard skin and then lizard skin on top as per lizard skin manufacturer's specs on our B model custom truck under fenders and hood, took it out on the road 3 - 4 times, no damage to the underside of fenders and fantastic for sound absorbing control, good decision to use the 2 lizard skin products.

Tap the alloy hood and steel fenders they feel and sound like fiberglass!!!!!

• Like 1