A truck load from Siberia or one more toy in the sand box

Vlad

If you go to JustOldTrucks.com and user chtrout or the topic Coleman Trucks you can get in touch with Mr. Craig Trout via email or PM. He can probable answer a lot of your questions. He is basically a Coleman truck/conversion man but is very knowledgeable about all front wheel drive systems. Between Craig and his friend Don Chew they might know of someone in Europe who can use it. I doubt if it is worth the money or customs problems to ship it back to the US? 

• Like 1

Brocky

Brocky,

Thank you for the tip. Yes, I doubt it might be reasonable to ship those units to the States. When I googled such parts there were several offers on them on your side of the ocean. And the front axles exist with different ratios either. I'm going to try put them for sale locally for first. It's starting to seem to me here might be more Macks or other American trucks than I used to know of. So let's see.

October.2016. 166_resize_resize.jpg

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

3 hours ago, 57 bcr said:

Vlad,

I had posted  a pic  in the Chicago  R model  thread of an RD that my employer  had custom built  for  them,by Marmon-Herrington. It was set up very similar to your truck. Meyer Material Co. was owned by the Marmon Group at one time and they worked  together  on this project. The M-H  Co. has been around  for a long time converting vehicles  to all wheel drive.  Nice bunch  of  salvage there Vlad! Always  great to read your stories  about your Russian  Bulldog  Rescues!   Al  

Al, 

Many thanks for pointing me up. Honestly the Chicago R model thread is so huge by now so I still only going to cut a bit of time to read it all from the beginning. Just missted the point when it was started and now it's a kinda hard thing to be done.

Looking the picture it could be seen that's a RD indeed. Those guys haven't saved efforts to redo the hood to look the way DMM does. It turned out nice on my mind.

Though in my case already having original Mack 6x6 DMM I don't see much pleasure bringing that custom-built monster back to life. And it's not too old enough so far for plenty of works to spend. With plenty of other projects in plans at the same time. Which burn my bisquits:)

I hear ya,Vlad! Our old in-house body shop,did the grafting of the DMM  headlight  panels to the RD hood. Thought they did a good  job also. The truck did have some frame  issues after a while,and was parked. Now with OZINGA   buying our ready mix division  out,who knows where it ended up? Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

5 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

your front axle and transfer case could turn my B into this!    But the shipping would probably be more $ then my truck would ever be worth.  

It seems to me as one good idea! Are you sure you will make such thing correct using your B67 cab? I suppose it's the most important trouble. Isn't it?:)

For shipping it cost for me $2.5 for one kilogram of old iron to bring to Russia from NJ with customs included. I have no of idea on how much would that be for the opposite direction. So if you find it reasonable I would be too likely to trade the setup for something else of the same weight rate:)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thomastractorsvc said:

Vlad your turning into a Super Dog Catcher!

I wish I could:)

Actually there's not so much of to catch overhere. So I try to not miss any chance.

And another reason is I payed for that load just a bit more than if I for example buy and import a 7 speed gearbox only.

• Like 2