Gorham Maine?

41chevy

Any one up near Gorham Maine? We'll be heading up there the beginning of next week to decide what to do with my sisters house,  20 acres, animals and vehicles. It's abuts Shaw Brother Construction off Mosher Road  (SR237).  Now that  we've inherited it, it's time to empty it and maybe use it as a go to hide spot. 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Any one up near Gorham Maine? We'll be heading up there the beginning of next week to decide what to do with my sisters house,  20 acres, animals and vehicles. It's abuts Shaw Brother Construction off Mosher Road  (SR237).  Now that  we've inherited it, it's time to empty it and maybe use it as a go to hide spot. 

You just got done moving south... Now you want to move north again?

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

You just got done moving south... Now you want to move north again?

Nah!!! My next move will be the Urn on the closet shelf.  

I'm the last of my born to family, so when my sister died a few weeks ago, I get the estate to settle and dispose of the things we don't want get rid of her 3 horses and than either keep it and rent the property or sell it off to a developer.  It's a 8 year old, 3 bed room 4 car garage house with city water, heat pump and diesel gen set, a new 40 x 60 barn and paddock and a 2 acre fish pond. Probably rent it to a SMU Professor with a small family.   Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It might be too late in the season, but if you visit Portland light there is a food truck there that makes the best lobstah roll I ever ate. (and I've eaten hundreds)

The Maine Diner in Kennebunkport on Rte. 1 serves a mean lobstah pie and sea food chowdah as well.

Safe travels.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

10 hours ago, Brocky said:

Paul

While you are in Maine please take thee time to visit both the Cole's Museum in Bangor and the Erv Bickford Collection in Yarmouth.. One place I did not contact was Daryl Gushee in Glouster.

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/99086/The-Erv-Bickford-Collection?PageIndex=1

I put both on the list since we'll probable be here a month at least.    Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul

Also Google Daryl Gushee Heavy Hauling and Rigging for contact info.. He is in New Glouster ME and has a large private collection. A lot of Linn's, the one at ATHS Springfield Mass, and other odd ball stuff.. He bought about 150 boneyard trucks from Erv Bickford's estate. Hosts a Pine Tree chapter meeting once a year. He is a neat guy in his early 50's and would probably be glad to let you look around if you make an appointment??

• Like 1

Brocky

2 hours ago, Brocky said:

Paul

Also Google Daryl Gushee Heavy Hauling and Rigging for contact info.. He is in New Glouster ME and has a large private collection. A lot of Linn's, the one at ATHS Springfield Mass, and other odd ball stuff.. He bought about 150 boneyard trucks from Erv Bickford's estate. Hosts a Pine Tree chapter meeting once a year. He is a neat guy in his early 50's and would probably be glad to let you look around if you make an appointment??

Doesn't he have a restored, working Linn plow rig?  Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

4 hours ago, 41chevy said:

Doesn't he have a restored, working Linn plow rig?  Paul

Yes he does. I think there is a You Tube of him playing in the snow covered field with it.. Also a steel wheeled motorcycle with wood stake body side car, a big Air Force missile carrier KW with a V-12 Cummins in it, and a big barn full of trucks.

Brocky