Glacier National Park

B MACK

On 8/21/2016 at 11:59 AM, B MACK said:

Here is a photo of the truck and pup I was driving in 2008.  I dumped off my two boxes of asphalt and stopped on top of Logan Pass. We hauled from our plant in Kalispell. Went in the park at West Glacier, up the "going to the sun road" over Logan Pass and back down the east side to the Big Drift area.  Was able to make a big "U ey" , then back up 3/4 mile to the paver.     16 1/2 tons in each box.  104,000 gross.

damn     you get to play in all the fun places

• Like 1

Went in the park at West Glacier, up the "going to the sun road" over Logan Pass and back down the east side to the Big Drift area.

Makes me ashamed to admit I was nervous driving a pick up over the Going to the sun road.:huh:

When we were there they had several portions of the road own to one lane while they were working on it. Unfortunately we were there on 7/3/09 and the complete road did not open for the season until the next day when we were already headed to Banff.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Beautiful scenery and the nice picture.

And it's also nice when you're able to catch up a moment to enjoy while at work.

How it was possible to load the same weight in both boxes? They look of different sizes and ride on different wheel setup.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:28 AM, Vladislav said:

Beautiful scenery and the nice picture.

And it's also nice when you're able to catch up a moment to enjoy while at work.

How it was possible to load the same weight in both boxes? They look of different sizes and ride on different wheel setup.

We would fudge a little on the weight.  I could be just over 16 1/2 on truck and just over 16 on the pup. The company always played that "tolerance" game. When I would stretch the tongue out the additional 6 feet , usually GVW would let it go.   I have some other picts from haulin up there, I'll see if I can find them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, BillyT said:

Did you ever have a four wheeler try to come over behind you when you passed him in the left lane, thinking you were a tandem dump?, not seeing the trailer tongue? That just occurred to me as the tongue is so low!

I have seen that scene several times over the years in california . never seen the moment it happened but very shortly after

11 hours ago, BillyT said:

Did you ever have a four wheeler try to come over behind you when you passed him in the left lane, thinking you were a tandem dump?, not seeing the trailer tongue? That just occurred to me as the tongue is so low!

i have had that happen to me here in joisey with the low boy!! the idjiots see the tractor, but do not see the 8 foot wide X 40 foot long trailer and drive into the side of the trailer.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, BillyT said:

TJC, Did it scratch the trailer?

actually, yes it did, and pissed me off too, because we had just got the trailer back a week before from getting painted. that dang mercedes bounced between the trailer and concrete barrier around 6 times before she turned and wedged in between the wall and trailer destroying the car and ripping the paint off the trailer.

but her insurance company paid for a gallon of paint so we could reshoot it.

2 months later another idjiot in a caddoolak tried passing me on the right.

on a right turn off ramp.  because she did not see the 8 blinking lights on the back of the trailer, front fender and rear end of the tractor, or the 4 blinking lights on the side of the trailer.

i turned that caddoolak into a pile of scrap metal too, and had to repaint the passenger side of the trailer.

Edited by tjc transport

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..