Diamond T Cummins

maint1

My luck hasn't been good for a while so no wager from me!  VA to Canada will be good break in miles!

I would like to go up but I am still trying to be a good boy and follow the rehab plan for my broken hip.  Also, no Brockway show this year either.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

In the early 90's I was on a trip up the Oregon coast on highway 101 near Waldport.  Oregon DOT was doing road work  And they had a day cab Diamond T water truck {same model as that one} parked on the edge of the road. I stopped and asked if I could look at it, they didn't care.

It was Cummins powered with 5x4 and had a whopping 61,000 miles on it. Surprisingly it wasn't rusty being on the coast.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

One ping only

Hancock,hope your hip is healing well!,I fell off a little kids bicycle(I shouldn't have been on) My shoulder is just starting to feel better a year later! Maintenance I If  you did the paint and bodywork on that 951, I wouldn't bet against you getting the Cummins back together quickly! I'll bet the ghost of BC Fry visits your garage at night!

Thought I would never say this at my age and years working the floor. But i would have a happy day just doing the dishes{cleaning parts} just to be

able to work around that Honey:D.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

One ping only

Darn it, you would have won that bet, Mr Hancock, engine runs real good now, but the oil cooler came without a gasket (cooler to Head) I made one out of gasket material, I don't think it was thick enough to compensate for old surfaces, got one on order, but it looks like a red oval is going to have to lead the parade to Athens😢