Road Trip

other dog

chicken should have just road on up there and go what sign never seen sign, were was your shovel for the snake ?????? only good snake is a dead one 

Very green and lush looking country side there looks a bit like a golf ball for a giant sticking up 

Paul

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

chicken should have just road on up there and go what sign never seen sign, were was your shovel for the snake ?????? only good snake is a dead one 

Very green and lush looking country side there looks a bit like a golf ball for a giant sticking up 

Paul

That's what i'd have done to the snake too. I  ran over it with the pickup, but I didn't slam on the brakes. When I left another guy that had stopped on his motorcycle to take pictures of it with his phone was still poking at it with a stick. That's when it coiled up like that and struck at the stick, when the guy was poking at it. I was chicken then too, it was time for me to go!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You big tough men are scared of a snake ??? better hope Isis does not come knocking, kill a snake in the PA. gas/oil field you would be fired on the spot. that snake is harmless unless provoked, they eat rats and other rodents, you guys really surprise me. Flag burners live and you kill a poor little snake. really disappointed.

I'm with mrsmackpaul  and other dog. Snakes make really nice western boots.   We had a road construction project near Cascade.  About 16 miles from the Missouri river. Saw these 2 rattlers and this bull snake all at the same time, with in 10 feet of each other.

100_1014.JPG

100_1017.JPG

100_1016.JPG

• Like 1

Rattle, Rat, Black racer, milk they are all the same, part of nature that should be admired not harmed out of fear, they are a marvel to watch along  with all other living things (including short skirts) (not pukes) there lives are tough enough without people harming or killing them because they are afraid of them, they did nothing to you, funny we can let the pukes do their thing and that does harm our way of life but a little snake is cause for instant death,  that snake was up on that mountain minding his/her own biz, you guys came along into it's world and decided to kill it just because you feared it, it feared you just as much, you should have left it alone and you guys should have just gone on your way.  very few people die from snake bites unlike cigarettes, cars, hammers, pools, staple guns, see where I'm heading, think and respect the next time, set aside you unfounded fear and let the little guy live.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david wild said:

Rattle, Rat, Black racer, milk they are all the same, part of nature that should be admired not harmed out of fear, they are a marvel to watch along  with all other living things (including short skirts) (not pukes) there lives are tough enough without people harming or killing them because they are afraid of them, they did nothing to you, funny we can let the pukes do their thing and that does harm our way of life but a little snake is cause for instant death,  that snake was up on that mountain minding his/her own biz, you guys came along into it's world and decided to kill it just because you feared it, it feared you just as much, you should have left it alone and you guys should have just gone on your way.  very few people die from snake bites unlike cigarettes, cars, hammers, pools, staple guns, see where I'm heading, think and respect the next time, set aside you unfounded fear and let the little guy live.  

Wasn't a little guy, it was a big ass rattle snake! But it was alive and well when I left though, might have felt a little woozy from being run over, but it was crawling off into the grass while some guy poked it with a stick.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Otherdog is just trying to fire yaw up. He actually just says that to get some action going. He really puts his Hot Sauce on them when he has a rattlesnake round up at his farm and they have a feast. I can hardly wait till the next roundup. Even the Winfall gals like the roundup to. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

David, I like snakes too ,I give the eastern diamondback a wide berth, but wouldn't kill it unless my life was in danger! We have pygmy rattlers in Florida too,very bad poison,but small.All the others are cool.A black racer for some reason curls up on our windowsill,likes the warm concrete I think. There are no copperheads,water moccasins, or coral snakes in our neighborhood.that takes care of the poisonous ones.I like reptiles in general have a green anole a skink and a bearded Dragon for pets.I once raised four gopher tortoise hatchlings Til they were the size of box turtles,then released them.70 percent of  them are eaten by predators before they grow up.I personally wouldn't do it, but I'd rather see a flag burner get a "good west Texas butt kickin'" in the words of Jimmy Dean, than a snake or gopher tortoise get run over!

I agree! Australia has the most and worst venomous snakes in the world! If I lived there I'd kill ' em' too. I saw a tv show on snakes in Australia.I think it was Queensland where Paul lives.There is a deadly little snake that is found all over this modern city, I forget it's name. The snake catchers get calls all the time!