D-Day Unreconized

Mike

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Did I miss something this year about D-Day? I was watching the world news and local news on June 6, but I never saw anything pertaining to it. I only saw Muhammad Ali and his life.  

Go figure a Muslim draft dodger is more celebrated than our vets. Pretty soon we won't even acknowledge 911. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I really was being honest. I did not hear anything that day and it saddens me to know that this country did not recognize them, in any way. But I can and do honor them all in every war. I still go and visit my 3rd Great Grandfathers & family's graves. One was in 23rd Tennessee Infantry Co. F Martins Unit, Scudder Rifles from Unionville, Tn. Name was Steven Hiram Sanders was 36 years old when he gave his services to his homeland. The other's name was Dr. Amasa Webb Manire of the 24th Tennessee Co. A  was a Private in a Medical Unit from Rockvale, Rutherford County Tennessee. Both gave of themselves to fight against Mr. Lincoln's War.     

Well it was mentioned out here in the land of OZ or as like to call it "This wide brown land "  I had no idea what VJ day was had to Google it, we call it VP day 

Do gooders the world over are trying to get rid of of these days of importance stuff them I say if we forget history we are more likely to repeat the same mistake and to try and forget the men that gave us our freedom thats a disgrace 

If I remember I will share something I came across that a US pilot left a Australian pilot in New Guinea during WW2 the AIr Force in the Pacific was like no other fighting unit in any other theater of war before or since the allies shared the crews parts planes and worked as one whole unit there was officially the US air wing the RAAF RNZAF and the RAF and no doubt whole heap of others in the big mix but on the ground and in the air they all worked as one I dont think it has ever happened since 

In Australia we value our history of what our men and women did a lot higher I think than a lot of other countries ( I say I think I dont know but just what I read I tend to think we do)

Theres a mob down Melbourne way fixing up a Liberator bomber and they had a open day to raise some funds I asked some questions about the US air wing in Europe as I new the losses were high due to day light bombing, if you dont know the US lost 79,000 air men in Europe alone 

I then I read on here how these types of things arent been taught at your schools thats a real shame I guess all I can say I hope you all teach your kids and grand kids all about what was given for the freedom at home as it appears from what I reading the government is not gunna teach them any of this at school such a shame 

to all the men that fought to free the world so that I can live in a free country thank you and to all the women who gave so much in so many different ways thank you as well

Paul 

• Like 1