damm vandals

Newfie

after getting the  truck running  some vandals broke into the truck and stole the rpm n speedo and smashed the top half of the top portion of the grill in half from the rad cap to the drivers side totally I half.. they even stole the ignition n start button  wish I had the camera with me today.. they also stole the parts cab i had

if I had any luck I would have none

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

that does not sound like vandals to me.

it sounds like someone needed parts, knew what you had, and decided to "go shopping"

My first thought too. Targeted specific items. Hope you catch them. You might ask around if there are and other CL's in the area being fixed or used. I'd start with truck shops that do body repairs. I had 3 egines stolen and hit every salvage yard and engine builder around. found them 50 miles away in a salvage yard. Through his records the cops arrested he 2 thieves.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

found the azzhat that did the damage to my truck he stole the cab (parts truck cab) for some drug money when it was found the cab was crushed  nothing salvageable the parts  from dash n grill was for anther truck so cops got him  believe it or not it was a mechanic  from just down the road where the truck was parked

figured so. these idiots think they can "go shopping" anywhere without fear of getting caught.

glad they got him.

now to see if they will make him pay you back for all the damage he did and for the cab you can no longer use.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

figured so. these idiots think they can "go shopping" anywhere without fear of getting caught.

glad they got him.

now to see if they will make him pay you back for all the damage he did and for the cab you can no longer use.

Good luck! I had a fight with the police and the DA to have it classed as a felony. They valued two Max Wedge engines and a blown Alcohol Hemi at a few hundred dollars, shit when I showed them the cost to replace them.  Get a value on the cab and parts , even if its from back when and push the DA.  I pushed them and it turned out the dope thief was my own grandson. Put his a$$ in jail too.     Paul

Edited by 41chevy
  • Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 1 month later...

On the topic of the a.......s around us ranchhopper is right! I remember the court case that  set the precedent for the "tort cases" of today.A small farmer in the Midwest got his toolshed broken into and all his hand tools stolen twice! Having to buy new tools twice pissed him off so he wired a double 12 gauge shotgun to a kitchen chair at kneecap level and wired the triggers to the shed door! The thief predictably broke the lock and got "kneecapped" he admitted to having broken in the other two times,and sued the farmer for 60000 dollars and won! What we would call poetic justice they called excessive force or some other legal b.s. Was in the late 60's or early 70's so was a lotta money! Made national news.In recent times criminals in Florida have won many settlements over nonsense like getting cut  while breaking into someone's house!