I have no experience with any v8 Mack. But I know guys who do, and I don't think it was as good as the mechanical ones. 

Ive seen a fair few Titans that have been repowered with cats or Cummins.

nothing wrong with 610's as long as the power tower is set up right as they have a lot load on them compared to a 500,and do a full bearing roll and oilpump relief spring around 350 thousand if used on triple road train work [that comes from a fella in the isa who has been running 610's from the outset ]

• Like 1

from what I have heard over the years there was plans for more power from the E9 than this I dunno if these electronic ones sound as good as the mechanical but when your camped on the side of the road on a still night you can hear a E9 on a road train from half a hour or more away thumping out into the still night air and what a sound makes a Harley Davidson sound like a posty Honda LOL

Paul

postie_bike_-_old.jpg

almost feels like a crime putting that in a post about E9's  

• 3 weeks later...

Not entirely correct outback. An electronic v8 was released in the Renault magnum as the ee9 560. They were euro two or three I think and were available to about 2000 ,2001. Either way they were meeting euro emissions when Volvo stopped production. I have always been of the understanding Europe leads the emissions race but I stand to be corrected. I have also read on this forum that mack had a complient e9 with unit pump tech that would meet the next level. Ks carbel would be the man to ask on this forum.

There was a North American electronic V8 built and tested  but never put into production due to 1998 emissions issues for North America.

Mack originally planned to release the first version in a 530hp rating  (if I'm not mistaken) The last of the North American E9's were installed in early '99.  

The electronic E9 engine was being built for use in Renault Magnums until the Euro emissions caught up and killed use of the E9 as well. The Magnum was then switched to the Mack E7-Etech like North America.