Interested in learning more about Classic Macks

mjmck

Hello All,

New to the forum. Currently don't have a truck yet, looking to purchase in the next year or two. Really interested in late 50's B series to early 60's Mack trucks.

I've had a CDL-B since I was 18 and drove for local farmers as a side job. Started out in an early 70's Brockway 10 Wheeler as pictured (actually a Mack in the background also). Also spent many years in an old Ford rig for another farm. So my main interests are old Macks and Brockways.

Brockway_zpsxe62azf2.jpg

Ford%20L9000_zpsxyrhn1ct.jpg

Joining now to learn more than anything. I'm a major gear head, diesel nut have tons of tools and a barn for storage. Began my young life in the Diesel pickup scene, but realistically don't need one for daily driving. Currently in a 2009 F250 gasser. My Fiance works at a local Mack dealer so she is partial to them also.

Welcome!  Lots of good people and knowledge here. Enjoy!!    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks all!

On 4/27/2016 at 5:07 PM, GreenGiant2 said:

Love that 761 tilt nose brock.  Welcome aboard.  Do you know the whereabouts of the brock. Is it still alive.

Yes it is still going strong! Used several times every year on the farm right next door to my dads house. It now has a set of floaters on the back axles for the fields. Current owner has owned since the 70's. Was originally a tractor lengthened for the body to fit.

Edited by mjmck

A few more pics from my college days for your viewing pleasure. My younger brother was out rowing everything up for us taking the pictures of me driving the old Brockway. These pictures are in Fabius, NY. I was 18-20 in these pictures, so approximately 7 years ago. Some real fun summers of my life back then. 

I still have my CDL, however its only a B as I got it as fast as I could when I turned 18.  I cant say i've used my license since these pictures. Went off to college, and now have a desk job.

Brock%203_zpsy3ib7ceq.jpg

Brock%201_zpsoitnwhbz.jpg

Brock%202_zpstcdfs0z2.jpg

A couple more pics from the Ford:

Ford%202_zpses0oplsh.jpg

Ford%201_zpsfjlsar9h.jpg

Edited by mjmck
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, GreenGiant2 said:

any chance you could get the serial # of it.

I might be able to when i get back home. Currently in TX for work. Where is the serial located?

14 hours ago, GreenGiant2 said:

love it, glad its still in service. not far from cortland

No it didn't make it far from from its home land! Crazy its lasted this long as in as good condition as it is. The current owner is an Organic Farmer who treats his equipment very well.

Welcome on here!

That's a right place to get what you want.

Just keep looking over the threads you're interested and at some point you will surprize of amount of info you keep in your mind.

Be careful checking "Trucks for sale" forum though. This might get you out of storage place and $$ pretty soon :)

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I'm honestly unsure of the specs. Back at that age I checked the oil got in and drove. Only issue I ever had with the rig was a large air leak. Luckily it was out in the field. Swapped out an old air line and we were back in business. Will update later.