Would anyone have a picture of an intact shift boot for an H model?  Or maybe one they would sell? I only have the rectangular metal frame for the base, and I expect I'll have to make the rest. The shift levers are about five feet long, and the large hole in the floor they need allows a lot of noise into the cab with no boot. Thanks.

Steve,  

I'm looking for the same thing. My water bottle fell through he hole on the way to Macungie and rode on the transmission the rest of the way.   Let me know if you figure something out.  

Michael

Steve,  

I'm looking for the same thing. My water bottle fell through he hole on the way to Macungie and rode on the transmission the rest of the way.   Let me know if you figure something out.  

Michael

Michael, the frame in your truck should be a little bit easier to fix, if memory serves me, yours originally had two rubber bellows type boots in it.

The later ones were made out of a canvas material and were one piece all sewn together for the two sticks .

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses.  I have seen that picture before, but the lower part is what I really need to see. So the H 61 and the H 63 & H 67 have a different type of shift boot?   Interesting, but I'll probably still have to make my own. Got a lead on a place that does canvas work, just have to make a pattern and hope they'll sew it up.  I'll let you know how it goes.

If all else fails you can ask the museum for a shop drawing of the part you are looking to re-create. It might take a little while, but you will have an exact plan to work from.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

That's what I stole from Hank's site a long while back. Hope nobody will annihilate me for that.

Matt Pfahl might know more and have more pictures since he restored that truck.

walton006.jpg

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

The boot staying down on the yellow H doesn't look right? Should be mounted to the underside of the doghouse? Can't remember if they untied or you took the shift knobs off before jacking the cab. Here is an unmolested H I brought home awhile back. It has a few modifications (hose clamps) to the boots to keep them from falling through the doghouse.

H sticks.jpg

Back of red H.jpg

• Like 1

Vlad and Mackdaddy, thanks for the pictures. The yellow truck looks to have a vinyl boot, different than the original canvas, but maybe easier to get sewn up.  I have never had a boot in place on my truck, but it looks like the boot mounted from under the floor, with a bolt and wing nut inside the cab to keep it tight. It would have stayed with the transmission when the cab was tilted.  That's just my take on it, I could be wrong. It's nice to see three H's in a row!  Steve