Here's A Pretty Unusual E Model on eBay

fxfymn

That truck was I believe originally from Bill Harrahs collection in Nevada. If it was Harrahs it was a U.S. Forestry Service unit. When the Harrahs collection was broken up in 1983 a lot of his trucks were donated to the Hayes Truck Museum.

We went to the auction, it was over 400 vehicles including a steam train, railcars and miles of track, Ford Tin Lizzie (model T powered) and Tri Motor Airplanes and most every Franklin model made. Harrah had a love affair with Franklin Air Cooled and Ed Roth custom cars.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-District-Pumper-Standard-/272097553923?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f5a472e03:g:QtAAAOSwwbdWMAgj&item=272097553923

The listing states it has a separate motor for the pump. Most likely a WWII DoD pumper. Terrible listing that doesn't even state it is a Mack, much less what model. My assumption is it is a Type 45.

says its 1942 mack

Here is the so called VIN EN330C456B and Crashtoys auction info

Second photo is from it's display at the Hayes Museum.

Third is the pump.

click me

post-3242-0-70102500-1452210067.jpg

post-3242-0-71190000-1452211027_thumb.jp

post-3242-0-89221800-1452211233_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here is a 1943 that was originally purchased new by the Keystone H & L Company in Reading Pa. At the time these pics were taken, it was owned by the German-American Firefighters's Association and stored behind a members commercial property in Bensalem Pa. After several years of outdoor storage/weather taking a toll as well as several incidents of vandalism, a club member graciously donated indoor storage space in his garage. These pics were the (rainy) day that Dad and I supervised the move with the help of one buddy and his wrecker, and another buddy and his Vision and drop deck. Truck recently sold to a group of Reading Firefighters who are restoring it to original Reading appearance. Has a seperate pump engine- a Chrysler if I remember right.

post-1729-0-07524200-1452209923_thumb.jp

post-1729-0-80878100-1452209974_thumb.jp

post-1729-0-85919700-1452210373_thumb.jp

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Is that the engine serial number because I have never seen a truck serial number like that, neither commercial not fire. Mike

I thought engine number since it matches the power plant in it. It was listed as the VIN at another auction site. Probable titled at some point with engine serial number because they couldn't or didn't know about the number on the rail.

If it was from Harrahs Auction in 1982 it would have been sold with a bill of sale only, so that may be when that number appeared. The Franklin we bought at the auction had the year, make and engine number only and NY registered it by that number not the real VIN.

P.T.CHESHIRE