Trans ?

66rmack

Could somebody tell me what Trans has this shift pattern. This is off the heater panel of my dads 66 R model, h said it has a quad. But this doesn't seem to be right for a quad? As always thank you guys for the awesome help you are always giving to some of us newbs. And again sorry for the upside down pic... I can't get it to flip...😡

post-21252-0-87263000-1448835208_thumb.j

Its the same as my snowplow a TRXL 107 or 1071 six speed . They are both the same but the 1071 has a low low creeper gear.

Hopefully someone chimes in because I don't know if the were available in 1966. So it might be a quad. With a newer heater cover.

post-17364-0-84893500-1448837719_thumb.j

• Like 1

Keith 

If it were a "quad box" it would have 4 speeds on the auxiliary stick, 5 speeds on the main, and 18 usable forward gears total, as 220cummins shows in his post.

What your dad's truck has is a "lo-hole" 6 speed, which means it also has a Maxidyne 237 engine, both available for the first time in 1966 (the Maxidyne 300 engine did not debut until 1973)

EDIT - I JUST SAW YOUR PREVIOUS UPDATE ABOUT YOUR DAD CHANGING OUT THE ORIGINAL HEATER COVER AND REPLACING IT WITH ONE THAT HAD THE "LO-HOLE" SHIFT PATTER STICKER...... I IMAGINE THAT WOULD BE QUITE A SITUATION IF SOMEONE TRIED TO SHIFT THE QUADRUPLEX TWIN STICKS USING THE LO HOLE SHIFT PATTERN

Edited by Oil Man

My dad has one that has R and 1-5 on the right stick and the left stuck was direct and against the dash is over drive. That truck will move out with 4.17 in it

I tried to buy a '70 R685 along time back that had that overdrive 6 speed,sure not many around,I haven't seen another since. Have seen 2 with the lo hole version,the were set up like a 12 speed,with the aux.stick in lo,it locked out everything in the main box except 1st and reverse.