I'm new to Mack trucks and was wondering about the shift pattern on a b 42. It's a six cylinder gas engine.

It has two sticks. The shift tag above the windshield shows five speeds. Do you run through all five gears then shift the second lever and run through all five again? I'm a newbie so please forgive my ignorance.

Edited by Willie dog

If it is a 10 speed (duplex) you split each main gear. Now that is in a fully loaded situation. You can skip gears if it won't lug the engine.

Get on YouTube as there are plenty of B model videos showing shifting technics.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Can't link stuff while on my phone. How come you didn't link your video??

Few people have dropped off YouTube so videos arent there anymore. Guess I need to load them myself someday?

I'm not nearly as good, he probably already knows how to scrape gears. But I must say, this might be my favorite, ol' Twin Stick Pappy is damn good!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Wait til he finds out about running the gears in reverse.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Twin stick pappy is good. I hear about having both in neutral like pappy. I start in 3rd and it is not good to have them both in neutral then. Even pappy only does it in 1 and 2nd gear. After that he only shifts one at an time.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"