1989 Superliner 244" wheel base

Timothy Maikshilo

A driver camebinto my scalehouse yesterday and told me he checked it out , said it looked clean but had a good size dent in one of the fuel tanks. When he went to the landfill a couple days later the truck was gone. What state is the truck titled in?

Thanks, Bill

Bill there is a dent in the right side tank, I suggest you come up and look at it yourself and I brought the truck to my farm because of the holloween weekend.

Thanks Tim, I will try to get a free weekend day here and make the trip up. I wish I knew about it about 5 weeks agonwhen I was in Newport picking up a dump trailer from Omer C.

Do you hold the title and what state is the title from?

Thanks.

Bill, titled in Canada. All the paper work has been done for it to be here in the states. When you were at Omer's did you see his LTL?

Yes, there was a 60" spread Camelback suspension that was quite popular for dump trucks. Very few are ordered today. There was also a 72" Mack walking beam suspension available but I think it was phased out in the early 80's. Most up here that needed a 72" spread would order Hendrickson rubber block with walking beam. The last 15 years of 60" spread camelback suspensions had high Trunion failure rates. Most up here now are air ride, a few Hmx suspension or Chalmers for spreads over 55" on Vocational trucks.

Do you mean B-75 with l model cab, yes I did. He sure is a nice guy.

I wanted to buy the white B-75 tractor about 15 years ago. It had belonged to Ron Filkins in Cheshire, MA when I saw it for sale. It was upgraded to a tip turbine and was riding on Reyco suspension (?) instead of camelback.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 5 months later...