Wow! Didn't Know These Could Be Worth So Much!

Man, I bought four new pair, (total of eight) of these a couple of years ago from a Mack dealer for $56.00 each pair.

I can't imagine they have appreciated that much in that time.

The black paint must be a protective shipping overlay for the solid gold base metal.

Rob

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mack-truck-Mirror-head...1QQcmdZViewItem

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Man, I bought four new pair, (total of eight) of these a couple of years ago from a Mack dealer for $56.00 each pair.

I can't imagine they have appreciated that much in that time.

The black paint must be a protective shipping overlay for the solid gold base metal.

Rob

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mack-truck-Mirror-head...1QQcmdZViewItem

I bought a pair of chrome ones with the bulldog on them for my truck. One dog's looking this way and the other one's facing that way.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I neaver saw them in gold only crome or painted,are the ones you have gold if so maybe they are worth more,I'd love to see a picture of the gold ones if you have one.

I've never seen them in gold myself. That was a "tongue in cheek" type of comment with no application of sense. I could not bring myself to ridicule someone that has not harmed, instigated, or initiated any negativity towards me first.

They are astronomically overpriced as they are still readily available from most any Mack Trucks dealer at nearly the same price I paid.

I do think that a set either brass, or gold plated would look nice if installed on a "purebred Mack" drivetrain equipt truck. I would leave the script letters chrome, along with the outer band for a nice contrasting touch.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I bought a pair of chrome ones with the bulldog on them for my truck. One dog's looking this way and the other one's facing that way.

Just don't feed them chilli and drive shortly afterward.

Rob

I've never seen them in gold myself. That was a "tongue in cheek" type of comment with no application of sense. I could not bring myself to ridicule someone that has not harmed, instigated, or initiated any negativity towards me first.

They are astronomically overpriced as they are still readily available from most any Mack Trucks dealer at nearly the same price I paid.

I do think that a set either brass, or gold plated would look nice if installed on a "purebred Mack" drivetrain equipt truck. I would leave the script letters chrome, along with the outer band for a nice contrasting touch.

Rob

LOL,I just reread your first post,I guess I diden't get enough sleep last night or maybe to much.but your right gold plated mirrors would look sweet along with a gold dog on the hood.

thats the retail from mack, $180 for one.

-monty

Hi Monty, I'm sure you could purchase them here is the USA, ship them to Oz, and still be under retail there.

Thanks for the clarification as I was wondering how that price was obtained.

Rob

Rob

What’s the damage for a Pair of mirrors, in US $$ the US to OZ exchange rate has dropped to 0.7xx AUS to the US Dollar, i was thinking of getting a pair

as the price is some what Like Gold, the same bloke had the brackets for an old R on there as well for $350 bout a month back.

This may be a question for Super Bazza Whatt, (aussis word for Barry )

Ifs its lower then retail hear ill have to get me a pair.

-Monty

Rob

What's the damage for a Pair of mirrors, in US $$ the US to OZ exchange rate has dropped to 0.7xx AUS to the US Dollar, i was thinking of getting a pair

as the price is some what Like Gold, the same bloke had the brackets for an old R on there as well for $350 bout a month back.

This may be a question for Super Bazza Whatt, (aussis word for Barry )

Ifs its lower then retail hear ill have to get me a pair.

-Monty

I was quoted $29.00 each in lots of 12 about a month ago. Stainless were about $20.00 more each. This was a "special buy" until they were gone. I'll check for you tomorrow, and report back.

Barry can surely get them also.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if any of our Aussie friends would be interested in a "group buy" of the bubble back mirrors. The cost as I suspected is considerably less than can be obtained down under although I do not know the shipping amount yet. I'm sure it would be cost advantageous to ship several in a box and have them reshipped once in OZ than individual piece count.

I wouldn't mind helping you guys out if you would like.

You can contact my via pm if you want to remain private; Or my email is mrcuda4spd@yahoo.com.

Rob

Great minds think alike, Carl. I just sent a PM to Rob suggesting I run a piece to try to drum up a group. I can think of a few off hand that should be interested and I might dip in as well for "future supply" for that empty spot in my shed...

Haven't forgotten your memory stick either :-)

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

HI spotted this pair on ebay today http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sid=p2759.l1259

and was wondering if the dude is asking to much?. am getting a bit edgy as i want to gett the last few bits for my rig.

Mirrors and a sun visors are the two items that have become the most elusive and potentially the most expensive to track down. or may be i should just hold tight till the group order goes through hope fully.

thanks monty

HI spotted this pair on ebay today http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sid=p2759.l1259

and was wondering if the dude is asking to much?. am getting a bit edgy as i want to gett the last few bits for my rig.

Mirrors and a sun visors are the two items that have become the most elusive and potentially the most expensive to track down. or may be i should just hold tight till the group order goes through hope fully.

thanks monty

Monty I bought a set of black ones off that guy good to deal with. $55 us to post to Aus

Cheers steve

I guess the FREE ones I got with all the spare parts when I bought my truck was a GOOD thing? WOW!

I do have a set of plain black ones, since I swapped them out on my truck. Just need to find a nice set of arms to match the mirrors.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"