Happy Independence Day!

41chevy

Very cool indeed! I just got the boston butts out of the fridge, where they've been thawing since last weekend. Guess i'll make some pulled pork barbecue.

post-1374-0-68494600-1435965565_thumb.jp

I rinsed them off, scored the fat cap, coated them with the rub, then wrapped them in plastic and put them back in the fridge. I want to get them in the smoker early. And, they're saying 90% chance of rain and thunderstorms here tomorrow. If I get rained out i'll just make barbecue and freeze it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You're a good man 41 for doing that

I will be working a social event at the Yacht Club

will have pics-hopefully a certain redhead will be there-mmmmmmmm

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Very cool indeed! I just got the boston butts out of the fridge, where they've been thawing since last weekend. Guess i'll make some pulled pork barbecue.

attachicon.gifDSCN6435.JPG

I rinsed them off, scored the fat cap, coated them with the rub, then wrapped them in plastic and put them back in the fridge. I want to get them in the smoker early. And, they're saying 90% chance of rain and thunderstorms here tomorrow. If I get rained out i'll just make barbecue and freeze it.

ok you jokers whats a Boston Butt ?????????? we have Boston Buns out here but no butts

have a great day everyone I under stand it goes off in the US on the 4th of July

Paul

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boston butt or pork butt is the American name for a cut of pork that comes from the upper part of the shoulder from the front leg and may contain the blade bone.[1] Boston butt is the most common cut used for pulled pork, a staple of barbecue in the southernUnited States.

In the United Kingdom, Boston butt is known as pork shoulder on the bone, since regular pork shoulder normally has the bone removed and then rolled and tied back into a joint.

This is three of them, on the smoker.

post-1374-0-46582500-1436004068_thumb.jp

Thanks for that have never heard of it before never eaten it smoked either and I just googled its 6.15 am on the 4th if you get on the turps now you will never even get taste it today :tease::tease::tease::tease:

Sounds like she's gunna be a great day for all

Paul

You felllas keep on keeping the dream alive over there

Looks Dee-Lish as always!

One day there will be franchise opportunities for "OD's BBQ Shack and Pool Hall".

That would be my dream job, to have a "barbecue joint"- nothing fancy, just a "BBQ Shack". A pool table or two would be fine. Couple of half nekkid girls hanging around taking orders and serving Yuengling to the customers would be fine too.