73 RS700L in Gettysburg

1977vega

• 9 months later...

I am surprised that truck is still around. I stopped by where it is located an old truck junkyard that they were selling or scrapping the trucks. This was over 3 years ago. They had quite a few B,H,R-Model Macks along with other brands. I did make an offer on a nice B-66 ? double frame quadbox but never got a response.

I talked to him, his name is Lloyd. Said he had 10 B's, one guy bought them all but never picked them up! As for the RS, he's had it 10 years. He believes it's a single frame, 300-400k on the truck. The pump needs to be gone through, it wanted to run wide open when he started it 5 months ago. Says the cab is good, no rot in the cab corners and the doors are aluminum. Has had a bunch of people offer 3-4k, but he won't let it go that cheap

• 1 month later...

Found the yard and went through today, all the Bs, and H67 are still there, 2 are still for sale(B61)4k for the pair. The RS700L looks to be in decent shape and is a v8, he wants $4500 

I didn't look to closely as it was overgrown but not bad except for rot under the windshield. I'd like to know who bought the other ones he had a B42, B462, B60, B67 as well that have been sold and not picked up 

• 2 weeks later...