Rear end Housing Problem!

i know eaton fuller rears have had some issues with cracking, i have welded a couple of them up another one we welded on once and then it was starting to leak again before they blew out the 3rd so we just found a complete junk yard axle with a matching gear set and bolted it in. memory is a little foggy but i want to say it was around 5k complete hub to hub. for the forward diff

• Like 1

Ranchhopper: That's what happened to mine several years ago. Stripped away everything that was in the way, drilled out the ends of the cracks, cut a groove most of the way through the housing along the crack, then welded 'er up to fill in the groove. Ground it smooth, primed, and painted before flushing out whatever shavings might have got into the housing when I drilled the holes...reassembled everything and it's been good to go ever since.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

On milk trucks it's very common for the rears to crack. I had one crack around all the bolt holes.....that one I replaced with a brand new updated housing that isn't supposed to crack. The others always cracked on the saddles and you clean it off good and weld it. I think mack makes a patch kit for them, or they did.