ARGH....YOU DAMN KIDS

j_martell

after years of being left onm, hit, bumped and abused by little ones, my beloved bargain 60" rear projection TV has died.....temporarily replaced by the tiny 37" lcd from the bedroom.....sigh

got the TV, matching stand and surround sound from an old neighbour for 450$......says on the back it was built in 2007, did not bad i guess.....

post-14397-0-62791500-1422497200_thumb.j

now....to find someone with a van or truck to "help" (drink beer) get it to the electronics drop off.....

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

put it to the curb. There is some valuable stuff in them, I don't know what/where, but I pick up carcasses of them all the time

Usually from the same house

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Yea, drag it to the curb and like magic it will disappear overnight. :twothumbsup:

So true.... In my neighborhood, trash is Monday and Thursday (CRAP I forgot to put it out this morning) and on Sunday in the late afternoon the Beverly Hillbilly pickups start trolling the neighborhood and picking stuff up to fix/sell.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

Sunday in the late afternoon the Beverly Hillbilly pickups start trolling the neighborhood and picking stuff up to fix/sell.

Probably put a micro fuse in it and be watching it by the CEE MEANT POND

post-3242-0-24828300-1422582985_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul that's hilarious... In my college days I have to admit that I'd have probably tried to float a couch if I had the opportunity.

We tried to float a MUTT in Siagon. . .didnt work at all!! :whistling:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the replacement today.....

post-14397-0-10890900-1423759973_thumb.j

58" Samsung smart tv. Looks tiny still compared to the monster that used to live there, and yes, Kids Shows....no adult TV here till after they go to bed.....now to upgrade some components.....trying to hook a brand new TV to a 15+ year old surround sound reciever is difficult at best, half the connections I used to use don't exist on the new TV........got it working well enough for the time being.....no audio from the playstation to the surround till i break down and get either an optical audio cable from the TV to the receiver or a reciever with HDMI input/output capability......F***......

Ha, the tiny 37" huh, lol my big TV is a 42", I don't ever watch it so I'm not wasting my money on a $1000 TV.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 3 weeks later...

been a bad time to be a tv here....Father-in-laws beloved 42" plasma kicked it last night...now he's using the backup tv out of our bedroom till he gets a new one.....this one had NOTHING to do with my kids....all him...falling asleep on the couch with it on for hours and hours

RIP 42" Toshiba plasma

post-14397-0-60825200-1425254995_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, for now....

haha....yea, true. Hopefully by the time they're tall enough to reach, they will know not to touch the damn TV....lol