New Superliner for FH

Why can't they make the Australian Mack's for the Canadian market. Seems like it would be a winning combination :blush:

G.M.Smith in The Toronto area tried to order in an Australian Mack Titan years ago to fill the void left by the then cancelled RW and RD800 models. Never materialized. Too costly and no engineering for making the truck left hand drive. Mack Canada heavy haul customers cried for years wanting the Australian designed Titan and Superliner for heavy haul usage. The Australian sleepers are also nicer then our US designs with button tuck panels, windows, heck even 60" midrise sleepers on the Titans. All we get here is a 32" coffin.

• Like 1

On another site I can't remember there was a guy claiming to be a mack employee that said that they are fighting with Australia to get the sleepers over here for the titan and a new superliner but Australia won't give them the go ahead because they own the rights of the design . I don't know if its true or b.s.

B.S. One of the Canadian big wigs that has influence and reports to U.S. engineering/marketing on behalf of the Canadian market feels Canadian customers dont want or need the bigger bunks....He said that right in front of me and I almost fell on the floor.

He also passed along that his U.S. counter parts felt the same way. Besides, You can get all of those things we speak of on a Volvo VNX etc....LOL

B.S. One of the Canadian big wigs that has influence and reports to U.S. engineering/marketing on behalf of the Canadian market feels Canadian customers dont want or need the bigger bunks....He said that right in front of me and I almost fell on the floor.

He also passed along that his U.S. counter parts felt the same way. Besides, You can get all of those things we speak of on a Volvo VNX etc....LOL

Since they already have sleeper options on other models using that cab, how hard could it be to build a Titan with a Pinnacle sleeper for a customer willing to pay the price?

Jim

That is what has been said for years. You get excuses like "the market is too small for the investment" and other reasons that make your eyes roll into the back of your head. Paccar and and the Dailmer group seem to be doing fine with heavy speced trucks with mid and large sized sleepers. Why would Mack want to do that??? Hmmmm...I forgot, you can order a heavy speced D16 midrise Volvo too.(The VNX is a fine example...Look it up!) It comes down to trying to make sense of nonsense. Even the salesman that are told to push the product to gain market share have their hands tied and lose customers over it. Sad really.

• Like 1

Tim,

I've notice a ladder and a Mack flag up in the shop. ;)

They love their Macks...some one would have lost his balls!

Tim,that thing is a brute! I like that color too! have you seen anything like a Roadtrain in your travels so far?...............................................Mark

386 they have B trains here which are shorter than the ones in OZ

Vlad, no need for a sleeper in the heavy haul due to time limits on hauling.

Not the case in Canada...and Canadian Heavy haul company drivers and O/O's that haul into the states need a place to stretch out and relax while waiting to be loaded or unloaded in some cases. Don't know to many that get put up in hotels every night either.

• Like 1