73 mack single axle

ranchhopper

• 2 weeks later...

it seems to me anything government auction brings big money. iv gone to our local government auction a couple of times. most times i never even place a bid threw the whole auction because people are starting bids at around what my top dollar on each car is and they end up paying full blown retail or higher prices.

government doesn't necessarily mean its a better vehicle. i know one guy bout a 10 year old pickup with 25k miles on it at a government auction and had nothing but problems transmission went out after a few months followed by the motor a few months later then after that the rear end went out. come to find out later the pickup was a state park vehicle that was used on a state park that was about 5 square miles. so it had 25k miles put on it only a few miles at a time. depends a lot too on how good state garage is. like any other fleet vehicle some may be serviced on time and taken care of out of one shop and everything left to go to manure at another.

i stopped going to our government auctions quite a while ago i refuse to spend full blown retail or better at a auction. If I am going to pay a price like that I will find a equivalent at a car dealer where i can properly check it out and test drive it before purchase.

most are pretty basic models fleet speced. pickups are normally cloth or vinal bench seats manual windows and door locks some even without cruse control just basic bare bones fleet specs for the most part.