a sad week for old mack.

Crap! Looked pretty good too.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That shit does make a guy sick, I bought a 82 cruiseliner awhile back for parts I got it home it runs and drives good needs it's share of work but couldn't bring myself to part it out so I kept it and bought new frame rails for my rs . One good thing about all this parting out crap going on is the trucks we all have and cherish will someday have a value that's crazy because there will be so few .

I realize that not everyone is as fanatical about Mack trucks as most of us on BMT, but why destroy so many hard to find usable parts?

Because our throw-away, next-new-thing culture demands it. Unfortunately, many of those who care about the extinction of a species only become involved when it's too late. Sure, relatively speaking, there are still plenty of Cruiseliners left - but there won't be, and they were just as much a part of the evolution of trucking history as any :MackLogo: model.

The world might be a better place, think of the educational opportunities alone, if more people were as fanatical as BMT Members about heavy trucks. Think what different modes of transportation and commerce we might currently experience if more recognized the heritage and innovation that were Mack's contribution to the trucking and transportation industries.

Off my soapbox now........

• Like 1