Fordson steel wheel tractor

Baxter

There were literally hundreds of thousands of them made. They made them in the US and in England, maybe other placed too. I am no Ford fan. They are pretty cool though. There have been lots of books written about them. I have one. I'm sure there is plenty of information on the intraweb for the looking. Mike

• Like 1

What info are you seeking? Try this website www.yesterdaystractors.com. This site covers items for sale, discussion forums, parts, etc. for all makes of antique tractors and farm equipment. Good luck!

P.S. There are likely others but this one is a good place to start.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

to my under standing but I am most likely wrong all those Fordsons were made in Cork Ireland the home of Henry Ford and then sent around the world they were very dangerous tractor as the draw bar hitch point was in the wrong spot and the tractor would rear up right over it self in a matter of seconds so ford added those big back mud gaurds to try and stop it as said above they made hundreds of thousands of them even with henry fords backing of cash ford never seemed to quite get it right with farm equipment he made lots of stuff cheap and flogged it off but once we got to the 1970's other tractor people were making stuff cheap and better designed and as they say the rest is history

Paul

• Like 1

This is the one I saw on the auction,I was wrong on the price,it brought $450 .

attachicon.gif043.JPG

Think after almost 90 years it would do better the double it's original cost. There was a few on the East end of Long Island, I couldn't give them away. Ended up pulling the T engines, the wheels and selling them and scrapping the rest. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

. Where's oliver and Lisa Douglas and Arnold the pig ????........bobby j.

Still paying Mr Hainey off on it. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 5 years later...