Single rear wheels?

Bigdogtrucker

Don't know how about spokes (no, as far as I know there must be special spokes to fit the only rim inverted),

but I saw this on evil bay esterday. Pricy !!

post-3971-0-77507000-1412625675_thumb.jp

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Sorry for the off-topic, closer to the matter.

Those single wheel hubs are about the kind of front ones.

They have a rim sitting shoulder near the outside to keep the wheel about the middle, not to put an inner wheel deep.

My 1945 army Mack (not the one on the picture) had them original single rears. But during its service in Russia (Soviet Union those days) some one cutted the hubs over with a big lathe to apply double rims. He just "moved" the shoulder deeper to the truck's center to make a room for one more rim and a ring.

post-3971-0-14560500-1412626213_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I got to thinking I know I shouldnt but one thing that occured to me after posting is you might have to machine a groove in the spider like they had on a K5 or K6 inter on there back axle's and you clamp a band around so that you could run singles by putting the clamp then the spacer and just the outside dual hope this makes some sense as other wise the wheel wont sit right and our tight on the hub

Paul

Another place to start looking is at older New York State snow plows.. Mack RM, FWD, and others ran single 12:00 X 24's on the rear drive with offset rims so they would track with the steers. I do not remember Walter or Oshkosh running spokes?

Brocky

Here is a thread with pictures, Manufacturer name and part numbers for the conversion. I had it bookmarked for a possible conversion on my B mixer. Paul

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/7833-dayton-super-single-conversion/

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE