Gulf International

maint1

That was my joke in the 60's and 70's. I spent so much time pumping gas that I thought my name was Ethel. Everybody would come in and say " filler up Ethel". This guy even has the restroom keys and hanger with th Gulf emblem

That was my joke in the 60's and 70's. I spent so much time pumping gas that I thought my name was Ethel. Everybody would come in and say " filler up Ethel". This guy even has the restroom keys and hanger with th Gulf emblem

lol.ill bet,,,,ya we had gas jockeys,,and full service bays,,,nice time in my life,,was on rte 1,,in massachusetts,,only 20 years old,,,used to work on cars there,,,,all cool 60,s mostly.excellent...bob

I spent many years of my life working for that company to have my job eliminated after 14 yrs of working there case they wanted to save money and didn't need mechanics :whistling: Yet they got mechanics again just for a lot cheaper then what we got paid. They should have just got rid of some of the deadwood in the management, however there were some good guys on the Gulf LP side of the fence.Ive left a good job to go back to work for them for third time thinking it was my last job but they run it like a farm. :tease:

Ed

Best of luck to your wife.

Hope you'll not miss a lot of classic stuff being sorrounded the treasures you work with in the museum.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I spent many years of my life working for that company to have my job eliminated after 14 yrs of working there case they wanted to save money and didn't need mechanics :whistling: Yet they got mechanics again just for a lot cheaper then what we got paid. They should have just got rid of some of the deadwood in the management, however there were some good guys on the Gulf LP side of the fence.Ive left a good job to go back to work for them for third time thinking it was my last job but they run it like a farm. :tease:

if it will make you feel better,,,,most of us go thru the same thing,,,CEO,s get all the percs,,,nothing for the rest of us,,,we.re just lucky to have jobs,,,these days...bob

if it will make you feel better,,,,most of us go thru the same thing,,,CEO,s get all the percs,,,nothing for the rest of us,,,we.re just lucky to have jobs,,,these days...bob

Its seems that they Cumberland farms Gulf oil watch years of service to cut people of their lively hood .But his job didnt last long either I know where he works in mack dealership for know.

Ed

Thanks for all of your kind words and prayers. Susie has been my bride as well as truck show going buddy for the last 42 years. Never complains. Operation next Thursday, then we will know more. Dave

well may god be with you both,,,best of luck...bob

Prayers to your wife and you. Hope all goes well. I never did work at a filling station ( I was lucky enough to work in a truck garage!),although many of my friends did. A good place to hang out and help when needed. That was before the garages were converted into C-stores,and bulk oil was available at the island! At least we have the memories, right? Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Thoughts and prayers for your wife,is'nt that the same truck that was in Wheels Of Times sometime back? I thought it looked familiar if so..................................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.