Me and My Superliner Celebrating 25 years together.!

Go to solution Solved by jdfordhd,

• 3 months later...

Here is the original invoice for my Superliner. Since I bought it in KY, I had to pay the sales tax in my home state of TN. The sales tax was $3900 so the total I paid was $82500.00. I finally got it paid off the other day.!!! LOL..!!

post-9482-0-41267500-1416408592_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"

I'm gonna' wear ya'll out with this stuff, so bear with me.! I bought an extended warranty for $330.00. The only time needed was to replace a leaking water pump when it had 47K miles on it. Check out the ticket for the repair. "Was making a gasket for the housing it broke"..!! The mechanic was probably using gasket paper and a ball peen hammer and got a little too rough with it..!! Also,I was thinking if I could have gotten a waiver on the 5 year time limit, it would still be under warranty..!! It only has 147K on it after 25 years..!

post-9482-0-82456800-1416410311_thumb.jp

post-9482-0-68974200-1416410343_thumb.jp

Here is the three page invoice provided to the dealer by Mack. The dealer wrote in all the MSRP amounts. Note that the E9-500 option was $11,800.00. Wow..! Also if anybody notices the cast spoke wheel spec, my truck has the Budds, because I had them change that before I picked it up. About 10 years ago I had to fix a rear axle seal and I discovered that when they changed out the hub/drum assemblies, they put both hubs with left hand studs on the rear axle and both hubs with right hand threads on the front axle. Dealership mechanics, bless 'em, they just don't pay attention..!!

post-9482-0-19721300-1416412510_thumb.jp

post-9482-0-88708900-1416412534_thumb.jp

post-9482-0-91946700-1416412576_thumb.jp

fantastic to keep our records if only just to look back and see how much has changed I remember and laugh at myself about when the Princess and I bought our first farm $180,000.00 man I lost sleep over such a huge amount of money and debt we took on

25 years you have gotta be pretty chuffed about that I know I would be thanks for sharing

Paul

• Like 1

I still have to get my truck cleaned up and come by your shop one day to get some pics of it next to your truck, only thing better than a pic of one superliner is a pic of two!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"