Pictures of the Week

other dog

Tom, In your second photo the U bolts on your headache rack are facing up instead of down. I am about to install a headache rack on my Mack and I thought they should face down. All that I have seen are facing down. Is there a reason why yours are facing up? Thanks

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Tom, In your second photo the U bolts on your headache rack are facing up instead of down. I am about to install a headache rack on my Mack and I thought they should face down. All that I have seen are facing down. Is there a reason why yours are facing up? Thanks

Probably just so the front and rear ones are facing the same way, you can't get the front ones in from the top. They put them on at the shop, I don't know if there's any other reason or not.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Probably just so the front and rear ones are facing the same way, you can't get the front ones in from the top. They put them on at the shop, I don't know if there's any other reason or not.

Thanks Tom

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Could also be that the flat surface of rack mounting where plate from U-bolt meets would not have enough area to secure properly if rounded part of U-bolt was used there. As frame has a radius on one side it will tighten better there.Being rack frame is aluminum if rounded part of U-bolt was used it would tend to distort ends of rack frame. Joe D.

• Like 1

OD straps aren't supposed to be banjo string tight are they? Maybe you need to use chains instead.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

When I first seen the RW pic I thought there would be written "Mike Harbison" on the truck.

Looking better I figured out there was not.

Much more interesting here now, thank you for one more over-the-land excursion.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

OD straps aren't supposed to be banjo string tight are they? Maybe you need to use chains instead.

I usually put at least three chains and three straps on the rolls. Can't use chains on the ring or the part that goes in the bearings, so I try to get a strap across the ring and one on each side of the ring. No telling how long the bar was cracked, might have put too much pressure on a load of lumber.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.