Mack Motor Monday

rsb502

An IH with a Mack drivetrain is kinda like that E9 powered Pete glider up in NJ. I love the dog on the hood of that Pete, made me laugh so hard I cried when I showed a die hard Pete friend of mine his reaction was priceless.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Who has pics of that 379 pete with the dog on the hood, they must be on my other computer which is not cooperating right now. Ray, do you have any pics of that truck?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

the guy built it that way. don't think it was an original R410. I talked to him at Balston Spa one year. he said he worked his ass off to make that 413 work in that R model. I told him I have the whole setup out of my B model that nobody seems to want and id sell the whole kid cheap. R410's that had the Chrysler wedge block in them had '' Blue Blocks'' in them also, not Industrial red ones

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I knew there was a gas V8 in some of em but I had no idea what it was or what models it came in so i dared not comment, neat info though, I would think a wedge motor would need some pretty good gearing to get an R down the highway.

my B613 had the wedge block and a straight 5 with a 3 speed brownie box installed. they removed the 673 turbo and triplex to do this, god knows why. also my grandfather had a brand new R410S with a blue block 413 wedge motor and an 18 speed double over baby quad. the guys said it went like a bastard back then. they said it would run with a R200 549 IH

• Like 1

my B613 had the wedge block and a straight 5 with a 3 speed brownie box installed. they removed the 673 turbo and triplex to do this, god knows why. also my grandfather had a brand new R410S with a blue block 413 wedge motor and an 18 speed double over baby quad. the guys said it went like a bastard back then. they said it would run with a R200 549 IH

TRQ77 Baby Quad! I have a 413 in my C900 Dodge dump with a 7 yd body 5 speed 2 speed double reduction single axle and I have crowned that truck with 3-A modified an she pulls it with no problem, so I think your grandfather is correct ! I think the 413 is 210 hp I do not know what the torque is but she held her own on the hills

BULLHUSK

TRQ770 is an 18 speed baby quad. TRQ77 is a slow 20 speed direct. one of out B42's also has a 14 speed baby quad in it. forget the number. they use to pull an end dump with 24+ ton of coal on it out of PA with that R410S with 413 and baby quad. said it was an animal. course gas was probably 29 cents a gallon to!

Here a re a few of the 1925 AB with the 9 bolt detachable head. Presently in the machine shop getting the Frankenstein treatment; it is being brought back to life.

post-2016-0-48784300-1393250944_thumb.jp

post-2016-0-28015700-1393251010_thumb.jp

post-2016-0-04766700-1393251088_thumb.jp

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!