Waylon Jennigs & Evel Kinevel

41chevy

Waylon Jennings MACK was supposed to be restored, any info if it was?

Evels MACK was in New Jersey any body know if they gave up on it?? Not a peep since 2011/ 12.

post-3242-0-54584600-1390007604_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I was down to Charlie's Place in the spring for a visit and he was working on one of the sleepers and he told me a bit of history on the B77. The truck was totally dismantled and he had RM Restorations making some pieces for the cab that you couldn't buy, he had a want ad on the forum around that time looking for rubber stoppers for the brake pedal I don't know if he found any or not. I was talking to another member of Great Lakes Truck Club at a club event before Christmas who stops at his shop frequently and he told me it's coming together. The truck is being done about 45 min away from where I live I should take a trip down for a visit and see how it's coming. I know one thing when Charlie gets done with it it will be better than it was new. Him and his crew do awesome work!

No Jakebreak 86 he didn't pass away. His son Waylon passed away the end of nov. 2012. Waylon is the one sitting in the truck in the photo. Charlie is standing along side the truck. He was only 32. But he left a big legacy behind.

No Jakebreak 86 he didn't pass away. His son Waylon passed away the end of nov. 2012. Waylon is the one sitting in the truck in the photo. Charlie is standing along side the truck. He was only 32. But he left a big legacy behind.

Ok, ten four. I thought it was something like that. Sad to hear.

Jake

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll eventually have to go on facebook.

Superdog, was the short bunk in Jersey? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

NICE!! Man that looks really sharp so far,Mark. I found a good pic of Waylon's truck in a bunch of stuff I was given recently. I'll post it as soon as I get the scanner fired up!

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I'll be looking for it Al ! I saw this truck in person back in the 80's,but didn't get a real up close and personal look at it but IIRC it was on a Pete frame,air-ride and Cummins powered 400 I think?..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice Al! I had the good fortune to see Waylon in concert at the Three Little Bakers dinner theatre in Wilmington,DE in the late 80's a great show! my brother and I even had a chance to talk with "the man" for a few minutes after the show! genuine regular guy!...................................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I had a hard time getting the linky thing to work,but if you go to www.spiuserforum.com and do a search, there is an update and a few pictures of Waylons B-77........................................Mark

Here is a direct link to it. Paul

http://www.spiuserforum.com/showthread.php?2530-Waylon-Jennings-1966-B77-Mack-Restoration-Project-all-SPI&highlight=wallon+jennings.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Cool story,Mark. Got to see him myself at the Puyallup Fair (Washington State) while I was in the ARMY (1985). Great concert! You are a lucky man for getting to talk to him. Still listen to him every day.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 5 years later...