Wow. Cool replicas. Just wondering how many replicas you have?

Uhhh...a lot!

Had to buy some different ones just to get the trailers in that picture. The Macks all came with 2-axle trailers, & I wanted tri-axles.

The dozers are serious bucks, though!

The 1/34 scale stuff is much less expensive, but not as cool as the 1/25 "high detail" series.

Now, if they would do some 1/25 high detail R-models, I'd be in hog heaven!

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Same with me. I could not go with 1-3/4 because it was not detailed enough for me. I have the white tow truck, same size and a Route 66 B Model in 1-3/4. Bigger is better. I could not find a B Model Dump or a B Model Low Boy but plenty of IH Dozers were available from First Gear several years ago when I was a member of their club.

mike

Biggest problem is that they don't make enough variety in the 1/25 scale high detail series. I am tickled to death that they had the B61. I want an R! But, until someone orders enough to make it worthwhile for them to buy the tooling, I'm just SOL.

Custom paint, however, can be had fairly easily on an existing model. Maybe we could have a custom series of BMT trucks done? :whistling:

They have 1/34 B models in both single axle & tandem. And, the 1/34 R is an R611 (or 609), steel dash. Hmmm, I have one of those! They have a ton of variety in 1/34. Dumps, loyboys, dump trailers, mixers, etc...

Any ideas?

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I like the First gear trucks,prolly have around 200 of them! but I don't "specialize" in any particular maker,i just "buys what I likes" Lol!..................so many trucks,so little money!........................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Biggest problem is that they don't make enough variety in the 1/25 scale high detail series. I am tickled to death that they had the B61. I want an R! But, until someone orders enough to make it worthwhile for them to buy the tooling, I'm just SOL.

Custom paint, however, can be had fairly easily on an existing model. Maybe we could have a custom series of BMT trucks done? :whistling:

They have 1/34 B models in both single axle & tandem. And, the 1/34 R is an R611 (or 609), steel dash. Hmmm, I have one of those! They have a ton of variety in 1/34. Dumps, loyboys, dump trailers, mixers, etc...

Any ideas?

If Barry and Watts will agree and supply some art work, I can get BMT decals (water slide) made in 1/25, 1/34. scales through Jerry @ modeltruckin. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Beat me to it Paul! I was gonna suggest the same thing! of course it would be neat to see Firstgear do a custom run of trucks for BMT/Watts Mack............started working on some ideas (in my head) for what it would be,i envision a B-Model single axle stake body truck?.............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Beat me to it Paul! I was gonna suggest the same thing! of course it would be neat to see Firstgear do a custom run of trucks for BMT/Watts Mack............started working on some ideas (in my head) for what it would be,i envision a B-Model single axle stake body truck?.............................................Mark

Or a 6 wheel dump.

Jerry and I have a forum together for the past 7 or 8 years and and talk a few times a week. I sell his decals in the hobby shop I'm partners in and at a few shows in L.I. and Jersey. I just "sponsored" his new printers.

I'll talk about it with him tomorrow when he calls. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I remember there was a company called Granite State Collectables,they were based out of NH.I had brought some custom First Gear trucks from the gentlemen.His prices were not all that bad for the work he did.I don't think they are still around,maybe someone on this bb knows of them.

I remember there was a company called Granite State Collectables,they were based out of NH.I had brought some custom First Gear trucks from the gentlemen.His prices were not all that bad for the work he did.I don't think they are still around,maybe someone on this bb knows of them.

email fo them is gsccoll@aol.com phone order # is toll free @ 1-877-450-2100

BULLHUSK