Interweb Machine Down

other dog

I went to put some pictures off my camera on the computer the other day, and as soon as I sat down in the 'puter chair the machine cut off. I thought maybe one of the speakers had gotten against the power button on the power box but it hadn't. I tried a different outlet...nothing. Different power cord...nothing. Then I scratched my head and jiggled some wires...nothing. Took the side cover off the tower and looked inside...put the cover back on. I guess I need to take it to a computer repair place. I'm on the laptop across from the McDonald's somewhere in West Virginia now.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Bummer. I hate paying the geeks because i have no idea how to fix those things.

me neither, when jiggling things and trying a different outlet and power cord didn't work I was pretty much lost. But it's not getting any power, the green light on the start button won't even light up.

Well, I better get going here- see everybody when I get it fixed.

Did you check for a circuit breaker that feeds the room?

No power at the cord could be NOT a computer problem.

But you knew that-you drive an anteater

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

You couldn't get help at Mac Donalds?

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I talked to a computer expert,AKA Nocluejoe66, and he also said it was probably the power supply thing in the computer. He has changed them before, but he said it helps to know what you're doing, so i'll have to take it to somebody that does, because I certainly don't. My son knows a guy that he used to work with that works on computers, takes them apart for the fun of it, builds them,took college classes for computer repair,all that stuff- he knows computers, so i'm gonna try to get up with him this weekend.

Too many Winfall wimmin pics? Did you look at the wiring diagram and use a multi-meter to do some troubleshooting?

Somebody gave me a multi-meter for Christmas several years ago, and I didn't have a clue what it was for or how to use it.

Sorry to hear of your technomological woes. You should definitely become friends with Joe's computer guy. Having someone who repairs computers on the side is the only way to go.

41Chevy wrote:

"You couldn't get help at Mac Donalds?"

They want $15 an hour for flipping burgers. A service such as this that requires actual know-how would be cost prohibitive.

Jim

Sorry to hear of your technomological woes. You should definitely become friends with Joe's computer guy. Having someone who repairs computers on the side is the only way to go.

41Chevy wrote:

"You couldn't get help at Mac Donalds?"

They want $15 an hour for flipping burgers. A service such as this that requires actual know-how would be cost prohibitive.

My son Morgan is very knowledgable about computers himself, and he said he would trust the guy that he used to work with to work on his, so I took it to Pamplin yesterday and left it at Morgan's. This guy said he would put the power supply in for about $20, plus what the part costs. I brought the lap top home with me Friday.

I have a mill roll on going to Petersburg, ran 4 round trips to Milton, W.V. last week. I am supposed to drop the roll at the shop today and go to Bedford and get a load going to New Martinsville, W.V, "weather permitting". I'm looking at the weather channel now, I don't think the weather will permit me to make that trip today. It takes me right into the ice field. Snow is one thing, that ice is a horse of a different hue. And they're saying it will warm up in the morning and it'll be just rain.