b 61 on r model chassis?

Go to solution Solved by diggin dirt,

I have a small backhoe service out here in nw okla. my dream dump truck would be a b61 cab on a 6 speed 285 hp r model chassis. has anybody out there done this conversion or know where i could find one? Must be a tandem axle and handle a 12 to 13 foot long rock bed. please bear with me as i dont get on the computer too often. Thank You

I'm no expert but I'm nearly positive that Mack sold B to R conversions back in the late '60s and '70s that would become BCR's (B converted R)

That's obviously the oppisite of what you're looking for. I believe that one issue you will run into is the width of the R model front axle compared to the B model body and fenders.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

the early R models used B model front axles, same width. after that they went about 2'' wider. that Stine truck is on an older R chassis I believe to, you can see how the wheels stick out past the fenders. it can be done, the steering column might have to be used from the R model, but I have seen that done also

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• Solution

There had been a 1966 B53 with 44k rears that was for sale out in Orgeon with a 237 and a 6 speed. Was in very good shape for 1500 and he had some jakes to throw in on the deal. Its not on CL as of now but I sitll have his contact if you want to see if it is still up for a good home

its a long ways from home but i would like to check it out, you never know. thank you

Yeah, its a p.o.s., L&L Equipment Sales has it, they're pretty much just junk merchants. They like to pressure wash, paint, rig, then jack the price up and hope somebody buys it and gets out of the lot before it breaks. Maddog, your the only one that noticed the tag axle, I got into an argument with the guy there about that.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yeah, its a p.o.s., L&L Equipment Sales has it, they're pretty much just junk merchants. They like to pressure wash, paint, rig, then jack the price up and hope somebody buys it and gets out of the lot before it breaks. Maddog, your the only one that noticed the tag axle, I got into an argument with the guy there about that.

Kinda sounds like Baskins in Covington.

Jake

Little worse than Baskin actually.